• Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Advice please.

Now I don't think this post goes against any rules and it isn't a rant! Here goes...

Right, where to begin. I’ll try and post this in chronological order (hopefully so it comes across better).

I find my X800XT (had it around a year) is faulty. Every time I update to the latest drivers, I have corruption problems. I RMA it to company X and it’s found faulty (literally 2 days after then getting it, as it was received over the weekend). As soon as it was found faulty, it was sent to Powercolor. I was told they where just waiting for a replacement and it would probably take 28 days, after that, they maybe able to take a card out of their own stock.

After numerous calls I was told every time to wait the 28 days and call back.

I call back, get told that “I should never have waited this long” and a replacement would be sorted. I asked “Whilst I originally paid 300£ for this card, is there any chance you could send me an X1800XT as it’s on offer for just 20£ more than the X850XT you’d need to send me”. I was told he’d check with the manager, then “Yes sir, I’ll sort this today.” – Now this was Friday, I’d heard nothing about this on Monday, so phoned back. I was told whoever I spoke to was wrong and that I would get an X850XT. Fair enough I thought, it’s still marginally better than my old one (I was still annoyed at being lied to though).

It’s Tuesday now and my nice new X850 turns up. I’m happy now as all the coursework that’s built up (using 3d stuff) can now be finished. I slap it in and…..uhoh! I get green checker boarding everywhere. I test a lot of stuff and give them a ring and get issued with another RMA number (note I was also told if faulty they could take one from their own stock).

Friday comes and it’s been tested. No fault found apparently. I was bemused and annoyed at this thinking I’d rushed it back without thoroughly testing it. I get it back…same problem in mine and then in another A64 PC which ALSO has an X850XT in (which works fine in both PC’s). I phone back…get ANOTHER RMA number. I send it all off and get the “RMA received” e-mail except…wait – this RMA e-mail is for my X800XT…I phone up to be told it was tested and found faulty and sent back to manufacturer and that he’d mark down that it was in fact my X850 and NOT an X800XT. I then queried “why has it been sent back when it was from YOUR stock and will I have to wait another 28 days?” – To this I get “Probably and our policy is to always send the stuff back to manufacturer” – also a refund for the postage receipts I’d sent with my card has not appeared anywhere.
    So that was last week. Where do I stand? I’m thoroughly peeved off at the moment and don’t know what to do. I was also told to “call back Monday to see if anything can be pushed through.” – I bloody well hope so as it’s nearing 1.5 months of having to use a radeon 8500.

So any pearls of wisdom you guys can offer?

Edit: Please can you keep company names out of this, I don't particularly want to break any rules and it ISN'T a rant!
    Last edited by Robert; 08-04-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb
    Nobody

Thanks
    Yeah sometimes companys suck. You always find out the hard way. Hope it gets resolved. Sometimes pays to stick with companies you know will resolve this in a more efficiant way
    |eBay| Because monkeys never hurt anyone. |Hexus|

-=|sam-t.co.uk|=-

"If crime fighters fight crime, and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

Banned
    Thanks
    You can find out about companies at companies house on the net, costs from £1 to download info, get the directors names and write to them, if no action write to them at their home address. Often gets action this way!!

Thread Information