• PSU:
      • ATX 500watt
      • Case:
      • Midi Tower AT
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 98 SE
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" TFT Widescreen
    If you did leave the grafitti on the car, would you end up in trouble with the police for an obscene publication?

Sorry to hear it - a mate of mine gets his car scratched alot because it's a red RX8. Stupidity in excess.

we'll see about that... alterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    sucks,suck sucks.... but the general gist was its all the fault of their uncaring parents
    Last edited by alterion; 12-09-2006 at 09:44 PM.
    AMD3000+ ATIX800XL + GBNF44x mobo.. all at stock because they're good enough atm + CA A1 amp-->Mission 73S Loigtech MX1000 + 1GB ram + 1/3 TB HD array
    Wintendo XP + Linux (when it works) .. just incase you were wondering

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Dont think shooting holes is required, holes are so big i could step through them...
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks
    just what i was thinking madduck....GENIUS!
    Well, I can cut it in half!

www.theeraserheads.com

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeTuk View Post
    Ha ha ha, you loser, imagine coming on here and pretending not to care.

I really like your links too because why should you care about such inanimate objects like an ID card, and why should you be bothered by house prices there is no point having one because you will get attached to it.

Was that really necessary? We are all allowed to voice our own opinions, granted, Rave didn't do it in the most diplomatic of ways, but that sort of response is utterly unwarrented.

Why should we care about ID cards? I suggest you look into the topic a bit before you use it to bolster, what is, at best, a mockery of an arguement. House prices are another sore point, especially for those looking for a first house/using them as an investment - as they will, invariably, crash.

Now, back to the point of the thread -

Sorry to hear about your car, Jamin. One suggestion however, is to get a quote from a couple of body shops, my mate who had his car keyed found there was a large disparity in prices quoted by different body shops for the same work.

Dave

Thanks
    Anyone fancy swapping their M3 for a 206 GTI with slight scratching on the back? Honestly you can hardly see it! lol!

Getting the result of one quote tomorrow, and am going to take it somewhere else too! Cheers for the info!
    Beer is life, life is good!

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Quote Originally Posted by greektony View Post
    just what i was thinking madduck....GENIUS!
    why thank you... im not saying its a funny situation.. just....funny..now
    Vodka

we'll see about that... alterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4Z View Post
    Dont think shooting holes is required, holes are so big i could step through them...
    you're right i can't believe i wrote so much crap i should learn to think about what i'm saying first.. post deleted
    AMD3000+ ATIX800XL + GBNF44x mobo.. all at stock because they're good enough atm + CA A1 amp-->Mission 73S Loigtech MX1000 + 1GB ram + 1/3 TB HD array
    Wintendo XP + Linux (when it works) .. just incase you were wondering

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Quote Originally Posted by alterion View Post
    you're right i can't believe i wrote so much crap i should learn to think about what i'm saying first.. post deleted
    foolish fool.. mm.. its already under your avatar.. i dunno then
    Vodka

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave87 View Post
    Was that really necessary? We are all allowed to voice our own opinions, granted, Rave didn't do it in the most diplomatic of ways, but that sort of response is utterly unwarrented.

Why should we care about ID cards? I suggest you look into the topic a bit before you use it to bolster, what is, at best, a mockery of an arguement. House prices are another sore point, especially for those looking for a first house/using them as an investment - as they will, invariably, crash.
    Sorry Dave, what I meant was he was trying to say he would not be attached to inanimate objects yet he wanted a house. I know house prices are a sore point as I have just bought my first one.

I'm sorry though, neither the time nor the place but I was angry that he didn't care that somebody elses property was damaged.

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thanks
    LMAO MadduckUk, I love that Partridge shot! Thanks for making me giggle!

Got a quote back today from one bodyshop, £353 inc vat to do the boot and the scratches on the rear panels. Can't really argue with that as it includes flatting it back, priming, undercoating and colour matching. Luckily, as the guy was telling my wife, the 206 is a small car with loads of glass!

All we will be left with are 2 Tesco dents in the doors! I can live with that on a 4 year old car! And to be honest they dont notice.

Got one quote to come in tomorrow, but I will more than likely go with the first as its at a garage / bodyshop I have used before and trust their work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeTuk View Post
    Sorry Dave, what I meant was he was trying to say he would not be attached to inanimate objects yet he wanted a house. I know house prices are a sore point as I have just bought my first one.

I'm sorry though, neither the time nor the place but I was angry that he didn't care that somebody elses property was damaged.
    Well, you quoted my first apology, and apparently that wasn't enough. What happened was this: when I read Jamin's first post, I was drunk. Some thoughts crystalised in my head, and I then quoted them pretty much verbatim without the benefit of the moderation and consideration for other people's feelings that comes with sobriety.

I appreciate now that my first post was, more or less, bang out of order- and I really am sorry about it. The point is though that I really do care about stuff like casual acts of vandalism (and many other forms of petty crime)- so much so that it's changed my whole outlook on life in Britain, and drastically hardened my attitude- I'm pro-actively self defensive now. I recently bought myself a motorbike because I needed it to get to work, and I deliberately chose one that was cosmetically crappy (had crash damage etc.) just so that it would be less attractive to thieves. It still rides fine. I'll apply the same logic next time I buy a car as well- it'll be a dented old banger whatever it is- you can't see the dents when you're driving it.

I just got a job driving a bus, and it's quickly become clear to me that the only way to stay sane is to compartmentalise and focus all my energy on getting the bus and my passengers from one stop to the next safely and smoothly. If I bothered to try and argue with all the yobs jumping on my bus with out of date passes, or pretending to be 13 when they're clearly 19, I'd end every shift a stressed out wreck. It shouldn't be like that, but it is.

My wife got her bag snatched last week- all she had in it was a debit card which she promptly cancelled, and the bag itself was from Primark, so in total a loss of £2 and some inconvenience. I told her she should report it to the cops on the grounds that next time the kid who did it could push over an old lady and break her hip- and she couldn't be bothered, as she knew the chances of anything getting done were minimal. I can't say I really blame her- I reckon he really would have to hospitalise someone before the local PCSOs were instructed to stop lazing around the town centre in groups of 6 and go and prevent some crime.

As for your arguments about ID cards and houses- I care about ID cards because I don't want to have one. My wife and I will be moving (to a larger rented house) soon, and we plan to stay in Catford because, despite it being a bit of a dump, all our family is here. I couldn't care less what the house is like, as long as it has space for a dishwasher so I don't have to spend 30 minutes a day washing up. She has free reign otherwise, I really don't give a toss. Well, I hate laminate flooring, but I'll just have to cope.

Thanks
    Rave mate,

Respect!

I hate laminate too! lol! You don't drive a night bus do you?

Guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, after all thats what Hexus is all about! Lets keep it that way!

Thanks
    phh one thing i care and am passionate about is my car i wanted one since they were unveiled in 93 and bought one as soon as an insurance company would take me on and one night i was driving my mate and his girlfriend home and was passing a set of traffic lights it was not long past 3am and the usual clowns were roaming around and i was going through a greent light but the usual smartarse was trying to walk infront but i never lifted the pedal as they piss me off acting smart infront of folk and he bottled it a bit jumped back and booted my door so i had to continue about 400 meters down to the round about (at full pelt!) i was about to explode with anger got back up and by this time and his crew were in the garage givin the woman a bit of hassle as she wouldnt open the door so i zoomed in got out myself and the 4 of them started swaggering over and i said i bet u couldnt do that again (the cameras were pointing) luckily i had the trusty extendanble wheel nut bar with 17mm impact socker up sleave and cupped in my hand they got close i let it drop to handle then flicked out the rest , 500mm of steel with a big socket soon changed there direction quick smart , rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishs they were about 25 to 30 aswell !! and they stay in a very posh estate i assume by where they were staying so its not just the underpriveladged i think its alot of drunk fools who cant handle there drink

youl find if u confront the "chavs" there pretty timid especially if u get them singled out, they dont realise there technicolour tracksuits make them easy to spot , they think there smart in numbers just let the bigger one know your havin none of it and they will soon be on there buckfast fuelled way

damn them all !
    Last edited by weebroonieuk; 14-09-2006 at 10:26 PM. Reason: silly typos with from watching telly hehe :)

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Yay, vigilianti-ism and more violence, just what the world needs

Despite the fact it's a green light, if they're on the road they have right of way, so you're lucky he did jump or you'd be the one getting in trouble for it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information