• PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    OK I'll rephrase that... "urban" 4X4 vehicles, primarily driven by someone taking their children to school.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick View Post
    Any use of trolley to block of my yellow label session will be moved. You've not paid for the food yet. Its not yours.
    Is it just me, or has the reduced section recently become so lacking in proper bargains that it's rarely worth checking any more? In my local Tescos you're lucky if you can find more than 25% off a bit of meat that's turned completely grey.

Anyway: at the checkout, guess what? You will have to pack up the items you've bought, and then, guess what? Pay for them. If you've been in a supermarket more than once, there's no real excuse for looking surprised when the cashier ask for payment, and then spening 30s fumbling around in your pocket or handbag for your wallet/purse. Get it ready while you're queuing, FFS. And, while the cashier is processing your payment, that's when you rapidly chuck the rest of your stuff into your trolley- you don't need to stand there with a vacant expression on your face watching the proceedings.

I would posit that the problem is worse where I live because of our large immigrant population- and it's compounded in Lidl, as most of them seem to shop there. If I'm allowed one racial generalisation (surely I've earned it), Poles are no problem- they usually grab their bottle of cheap vodka and assortment of odd continental products and depart with some alacrity. Africans OTOH- oh dear, oh dear. The worst thing is that they seem utterly impervious to the Paddington Bear Hard Stares of the cashier and the rest of the queue as they casually put their credit card away with some effort, and then slowly turn their attention to the rest of their shopping, while everyone else makes faces and fidgets.

Sod all this being able to speak English and learning about our culture- the government's mooted 'citizenship test' should just be whether you're capable of buying stuff in a supermarket without causing M25 style gridlock at the tills.

Thanks
    • Choo Choo's system
      • CPU:
      • Toshiba Equium P300-16T
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell 2408Wfp
      • Internet:
      • NTL
    Lazy people should be banned from using trolleys. By that I mean the people who unpack their crap into the car, and then leave the trolley in the middle of the car park, even when there's a bay just a couple of steps away.

Worse still is when it's a sloped car park.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Choo Choo View Post
    Lazy people should be banned from using trolleys. By that I mean the people who unpack their crap into the car, and then leave the trolley in the middle of the car park, even when there's a bay just a couple of steps away.

Worse still is when it's a sloped car park.
    Or decide to take a massive trolley from B+Q from the opposite side of the retail park into a TINY store knocking everything over and then ignoring it all.
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Is it just me, or has the reduced section recently become so lacking in proper bargains that it's rarely worth checking any more? In my local Tescos you're lucky if you can find more than 25% off a bit of meat that's turned completely grey.

Anyway: at the checkout, guess what? You will have to pack up the items you've bought, and then, guess what? Pay for them. If you've been in a supermarket more than once, there's no real excuse for looking surprised when the cashier ask for payment, and then spening 30s fumbling around in your pocket or handbag for your wallet/purse. Get it ready while you're queuing, FFS. And, while the cashier is processing your payment, that's when you rapidly chuck the rest of your stuff into your trolley- you don't need to stand there with a vacant expression on your face watching the proceedings.

I would posit that the problem is worse where I live because of our large immigrant population- and it's compounded in Lidl, as most of them seem to shop there. If I'm allowed one racial generalisation (surely I've earned it), Poles are no problem- they usually grab their bottle of cheap vodka and assortment of odd continental products and depart with some alacrity. Africans OTOH- oh dear, oh dear. The worst thing is that they seem utterly impervious to the Paddington Bear Hard Stares of the cashier and the rest of the queue as they casually put their credit card away with some effort, and then slowly turn their attention to the rest of their shopping, while everyone else makes faces and fidgets.

Sod all this being able to speak English and learning about our culture- the government's mooted 'citizenship test' should just be whether you're capable of buying stuff in a supermarket without causing M25 style gridlock at the tills.
    Rave I think I love you - will you marry me ? together we'll teach the supermarkets of the world how to treat shoppers
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    I would also like to make an ammendment about pensioners shopping on weekends. A pretty simple one really, ban them all! they have 5 quiet days of the week, why must they all show up on a Saturday afternoon?
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    • Million's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5G41T-M LX2/GB/SI LGA775 mATX
      • CPU:
      • Core2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 6Gb Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb OCZ Octane SSD, 3Tb Seagate HDD, 250Gb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4850 1Gb
      • PSU:
      • xClio 700w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Arc Mini (watercooled)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 36" LED TV
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 60mb cable
    This is the tip of the iceberg - I propose an umbrella strategy over all of this...
    The Walking License! I'm bloody fed up of people cutting me up, randomly stopping dead in front of me with no warning and then looking at me as if i'm trying to bum them etc. etc. Just like the driving license, it has theory, hazard perception and practical elements, and would cut down on idiots getting in our way!

Thanks
    I like where you are going on this.....the temptation to purchase a number of miniature l plates to hand to to ignorant pedestrians is very high !
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information