Thread: I am the bargain master!

Thanks

I am the bargain master!

Now sometimes a bargain comes along that is really just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

I once bought a GFX card from PC World which had £80 off as the guy had bought it, found he didn't have AGP and had ripped up the box and docs when PC World offered vouchers and not a refund. The thing was, when they got the card from the warehouse, the bloke brought me a brand new boxed one and DESPITE me telling him it was wrong he rang it up with £80 off...

But, that's not my absolute bargain of the year, oh no.

Just around the corner from me is one of those independent electrical shops that does a bit of everything. They sell hi-fis, cables, aerials, white goods, bikes and even have a small carpet showroom... nice little shop, even if it is a bit pricey.

I've walked past it a few times in the last two weeks and I noticed they had an ex-demo table, with all sorts of odd stuff on it, unused but mostly unboxed... so selling at reduced prices.

What caught my eye was this:

Delnghi Double Coffee Machine

Note the price, £127!

Do a search for that model number is you want, you'll probably find it for £124.99 or something, but still appreciably over a ton.

Yes, I know it's now an end of line model, but still... I saw this one sitting there and they were asking just £40 for it!

But being the bargain hunter I am, I went inside, had a bit of haggle and came out with one new coffee machine... for the princely sum of £20!

Result!

Now I'm off to get a frothy lip again with a nice homemade Latte!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    I got the missus a Gaggia one a couple of years ago on the premise that it would make her better coffee as I don't drink the stuff. What they failed to say is that it requires a degree in engineering to operate and there's only one person in the house that has one of them.....

So, since you've managed to find one that costs a fraction I hope it takes 3 hours to make a coffee. Otherwise, next time I'm round you may have to ask if that's a coffee machine under my jumper or if I'm just pleased to see you

Thanks
    I picked up a Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO² graphics card in similar circumstances to your find Nick, however, its was only £10...

Basically, the guy had bought it, not realised it was PCI-E returned it to eBuyer from where I purchased it in their 'warehouse clearance'.

My Hyundai A321 @ £400 was also quite a good buy at the above warehouse clearance.

Sometimes, you just get a bargain worth bragging about don't you

Thanks
    • Blademrk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I5
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • onboard Intel Graphics (for now)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Dell & 20" DELL 2005w
      • Internet:
      • 32mb/sec Sky BB
    I picked up a nespresso Krups coffee machine, retails for £130 odd, was reduced in sale and there was an offer on in the store where everything had 10% off.
    Paid £80 in store and there was also a £40 quid cash back voucher in the box so end result £40. Makes a really nice cup of coffee too
    Feel Free to add me to your Raptr, XFire, XBL or PSN Friend List
    My Steam Profile - Hexus Steam Community

Thanks
    Paid £5 for a electric shaver worth £120 from boots after the missus noticed it had been priced wrong while stocking up
    |eBay| Because monkeys never hurt anyone. |Hexus|

-=|sam-t.co.uk|=-

"If crime fighters fight crime, and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

Thread Information