Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24

Thanks

Anyone else like 24. I personally think it is one the best programmes ever, anyone here watch it?

Thanks,
    James

Thanks
    I found the first two series were superb, but the show hasn't quite got me as interested since then.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    its one of those shows that has acceptable high levels of cheese, without being too annoying. not seen the last series though.

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    I have seen all the series' and I think its the best show on TV by miles Can't wait until series 6 in 2007.

Thanks
    I thought the last series was ok, but I prefered Lost

Thanks
    Cant wait for Day 6 either
    Well I can, got a lot of other shows to watch in meanwhile, The Stargates, Eureka, Entourage etc

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Parm
    I thought the last series was ok, but I prefered Lost
    Lost is great but 24 has much more substance imo. Make sure you watch shows like Sleeper Cell and Prision Break if you like Lost and 24.

Thanks
    Series 6, I cant wait, its a cracker of a programme.

Jack Bauer FTW.

Thanks
    Yeah a few of my work colleagues are watching Sleeper Cell..im gonna have to do some catching up on that

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Dell 1901FP (19")
      • Internet:
      • 20mbit NTL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Flood
    I have seen all the series' and I think its the best show on TV by miles Can't wait until series 6 in 2007.
    You have made my day !! I thought after 5 that was going to be it. I have season 1 - 4 on dvd, and 5 on xvid.

When i started watching 24, i didnt take to it. Then about 6 months later I watched it again, and ended up buying a half ounce of skunk, and booking 3 days holiday off work, and watched the whole of season 1.

24 rocks, buts its like crack, one 40 min fix just aint enough. you need to watch atleast 3 episodes back to back to feel a fraction satisfied.

Prison Break pwns as well, the concept into that whole series is absolutley genius, the whole escape thing, and hiccup after hiccup. I have Season 1 on dvd now, I was left a llittle gutted at the end, but atleast we know there is definatley room for season 2 to follow on seemlessly

//RECOiL//

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Flood
    Lost is great but 24 has much more substance imo. Make sure you watch shows like Sleeper Cell and Prision Break if you like Lost and 24.
    I've had Prison Break recommended to me a few times!
    The trouble with all these TV series is I never know when they're starting. I don't like watching them half way through a series.

It's great when you know before hand though, watch the first one and get Sky+ to record all the other episodes, lovely jubbly!

Here are the series I tend to watch:
    Lost
    Smallville - what can I say, I'm a big Supes fan!
    The Shield - this series is outstanding.
    Sopranos - Arguably the best show on TV.

Now I just need to find out when Smallville, The Shield and Sopranos start again so I don't miss the new series.

Thanks
    Oh and here's 100 Facts about Jack Bauer to keep you occupied at work:

1 The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times. They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street. No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.
    2 Only Jack Bauer can fly a plane from the luggage compartment.
    3 My husband doesn't wish he was Jack Bauer. He wishes I was Jack Bauer.
    4 Passed out, surrounded by terrorists and nerve gas, and handcuffed to a table leg, Jack Bauer laughed to himself and said, "I have them right where I want them."
    5 Jack Bauer doesn't need to eat, sleep, or use the bathroom because his organs are afraid of making him angry.
    6 Going to China is all part of Jack Bauer's master plan to rid the world of Communism.
    7 If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
    8 Once, someone tried to tell Jack Bauer a "knock knock" joke. Jack Bauer found out who was there, who they worked for, and where the goddamned bomb was.
    9 Jack Bauer is the only human in the world with the ability to make Chloe O'Brien drop the personality disorder and patch him through.
    10 If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".
    11 Jack Bauers calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.
    12 If Jack Bauer's gun jams, it's because he wanted to beat you with it.
    13 Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.
    14 There have been no terrorist attacks in United States since Jack Bauer has appeared on television.
    15 Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.
    16 The state of California plans to reduce violent crime by changing the method of capital punishment from lethal injection to Jack Bauer.
    17 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.
    18 If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.
    19 Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
    20 When Kim Bauer lost her virginity, Jack Bauer found it and put it back.
    21 When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer ****ing hates lemonade.
    22 If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then it's ****ing beef.
    23 A standard deck now contains 48 cards. Too many people were getting hurt for trying to play Jack.
    24 Jack Bauer sleeps with a pillow under his gun.
    25 Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.
    26 American Idol is only popular because it has a commercial for 24.
    27 Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.
    28 Jack Bauer could strangle you with a cordless phone.
    29 It's no use crying over spilt milk... Unless that was Jack Bauer's milk. Oh you are so screwed.
    30 Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.
    31 Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.
    32 On a high school math test, Jack Bauer put down "Violence" as every one of the answers. He got an A+ on the test because Jack Bauer solves all his problems with Violence.
    33 Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.
    34 Jack Bauer set an ordinary flash memory card to self-destruct. Don't ask how he did it, he's ****ing Jack Bauer.
    35 Jack doesn't believe in Murphy's Law, only Bauer's Law: "Whatever CAN go wrong, WILL be resolved in a period of 24 hours."
    36 In order to control illegal immigration in the United States, the president installed cardboard cutouts of Jack Bauer along the US/Mexico border.
    37 If Rosa Parks was in Jack Bauer's seat, she'd move to the back of the bus.
    38 There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Jack Bauer way. It's basically the right way but faster and more deaths.
    39 Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.
    40 Tony was once shot in the neck, rushed to the hospital, underwent emergency surgery and was back on the job in just a few hours. Jack Bauer still can't believe that pussy went to the hospital first.
    41 RIP Edgar If you see this give it a 10. Just cuz it's what Edgar would have wanted.
    42 Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Jack Bauer laughs at Superman for having a weakness.
    43 In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 people and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?
    44 Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.
    45 Jack Bauer doesn't have a firewall on his PC. He has a Bauerwall. It's basically just a JPEG of Jack Bauer. No virus has ever attacked Jack Bauer's PC. Ever.
    46 Jack Bauer doesn't speak any foreign languages, but he can make any foreigner speak English in a matter of minutes.
    47 The only reason the Chinese kept Jack alive is so that he could bring down the population.
    48 Jack Bauer doesn't take fingerprints, he takes fingers.
    49 When someone asks him how his day is going, Jack replies, "Previously, on 24..."
    50 The truth may hurt, but it doesn't hurt as much as Jack Bauer.
    51 Jack Bauer arm once wrestled Superman. The stipulations were the loser had to wear his underwear on the outside of his pants.
    52 Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.
    53 When Jack Bauer goes to the airport and the metal detector doesn't go off, security gives him a gun.
    54 Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.
    55 Jack Bauer wasn't born, he was unleashed.
    56 Don't ever ask Jack Bauer what is going on. He'll explain in the car.
    57 Sun Tzu once wrote, "If your enemy is weaker, conquer him. If he is stronger, join him. If he is Jack Bauer, you're ****ing dead."
    58 Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better ****ing do it.
    59 Never use the phrase, "I feel half dead," around Jack Bauer; he never leaves a job unfinished.
    60 When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.
    61 Every mathematical inequality officially ends with "< Jack Bauer".
    62 Jack Bauer once killed so many terrorists that at one point, the #5 CIA Most Wanted fugitive was an 18-year-old teenager in Malaysia who downloaded the movie Dodgeball.
    63 Don't beg Jack Bauer to shoot you. He will simply shoot your wife. No man tells Jack Bauer what to do.
    64 In the 18 months where Jack Bauer was presumed dead, Tony Almeida was put in a coma, Michelle and David Palmer were killed, a major hurricane raveged the Gulf Coast, and Rob Schneider made another movie. See what happens when Bauer isn't around?
    65 In high school Jack Bauer was voted "Most Likely to Kill the Foreign Kid"... and "Best Eyes."
    66 Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.
    67 Jack Bauer teaches a course at Harvard entitled: "Time Management: Making the Most Out Of Each Day."
    68 Jack Bauer once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
    69 There are no such thing as lesbians, just women who never met Jack Bauer.
    70 Kim Bauer was an accident. Not even the pill can stop Jack Bauer.
    71 If you have the ability to read, thank a teacher. If you have thefreedom to read, thank the veterans of WW2. If you're alive to read, thank Jack Bauer.
    72 When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.
    73 If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Stalin and Hitler so they wouldn't have to bear witness to what he'd do to Nina.
    74 Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Because Jack Bauer never ****s up.
    75 When President Palmer quit to start doing Allstate commercials, it took him 43 takes before he could stop saying, "You're in good hands with Jack Bauer".
    76 You know Jack Bauer loves Audrey when he willingly gives up the opportunity to torture her.
    77 Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.
    78 There are three leading causes of death among terrorists. They are all Jack Bauer.
    79 Jack Bauer was able to eliminate Bird Flu playing Duck Hunt.
    80 If Jack Bauer saw a terrorist reaching for a bomb to blow himself up, Jack would shoot the bomb first. Nobody steals a kill from Jack Bauer.
    81 Jack needed a well-earned holiday after season 5. Drugged, captured, beaten and tortured in a cargo hold surrounded by Chinese agents eager for revenge is just his preferred method of travel - otherwise he tends to get bored on long trips.
    82 Let's face it, Jack's carrying bag makes Batman's utility belt look like a piece of rope.
    83 "Jack Bauer" is Arabic for "I'm ****ed".
    84 When Jack Bauer was a child, he made his mother finish his vegetables.
    85 When Batman is in trouble, he turns on the Jack Bauer signal.
    86 People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.
    87 Explosions do not kill Jack Bauer, they just get stuff out of his way.
    88 Quetin Tarantino was asked to direct a biography about Jack Bauer. He passed. It was too violent.
    89 Jack Bauer removed the "Escape" button from his keyboard. Jack Bauer never needs to escape.
    90 Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.
    91 Chase Edmunds waited until he was sure Jack Bauer was dead before he dumped Kim.
    92 Once Jack Bauer becomes governor of California, Mexico will have an immigration problem.
    93 Jack Bauer is the 'i' in team.
    94 It is a known fact that when Time magazine awards "The Man of Year*", there is fine print on the bottom of the cover that says, " *besides Jack Bauer."
    95 When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer.
    96 The answer is Jack Bauer, the question doesn't matter.
    97 Due to Jack Bauer, no one looks forward to the weekend anymore, they look forward to the weekend being over, and watching 24 on Monday.
    98 Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.
    99 During the commercials, Jack Bauer calls the CSI detectives and solves their crimes.
    100 Your attraction to Jack Bauer in no way affects your sexual orientation.

Thanks
    • RECOiL™'s system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Kingston HyperX
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7800GTX nVidia
      • PSU:
      • 700watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Dell 1901FP (19")
      • Internet:
      • 20mbit NTL
    haha,

You really have to have seen atleast a complete season or two to fully appreciate those 100 *facts* lol. Quality, made me laugh at work.

Thanks
    LMAO at those quotes, my fav: "83 "Jack Bauer" is Arabic for "I'm ****ed"."

Love 24, absouletly brilliant programme Best of em all.

UKMuFFiN
    You speak the truth!

lol at Parm, cheers for that,

I wanna be like Jack when i grow up is that childish? lol

Thanks
    I like #60 : When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

Thread Information