Thread: Our delightful Xmas (not for the highly emotional)

Tech-ignorant Factoid
    Thanks

Our delightful Xmas (not for the highly emotional)

A couple of months ago, my mum and her boyfriend, knowing that i hate pets, got a puppy. When i complained, they did something about it... they got another one.

In the run up to xmas, the second one got particulary (apparently) lazy - just lying about all over the place. I'd got to the point where i didn't mind if they lay their heads on me, or whatever.

It turned out that he'd got pretty ill, and he spent a lot of time at the vets. About a week before xmas, something went wrong with his bowels, and the vet had to operate. Which went well.

However, on the 23rd, he got worse, and we got a phone call at about 10 at night to say he wouldn't make it. He was just over 3 months old.

2 days before xmas. Great present for my sister, mum and her boyfriend.

IBM
    there but for the grace of God, go I IBM's Avatar
    Thanks
    • IBM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 150G WD SATA 10k RAPTOR, 500GB WD SATA Enterprise
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce PX8800GTS 640MB
      • PSU:
      • CORSAIR HX 620W MODULAR PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Black Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WPF A04
      • Internet:
      • domestic zoom
    Puppies dying is just plain wrong....People, kids, dying all over the world, but a puppy dying gets you right there doesn't it?

Still wouldn't give money to a Dog Rescue charity over a Child Charity, but there you go....
    sig removed by Zak33

Herr Doktor Oetker, ja!!! pollaxe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry to read this.. pets become part of the family (or should) and I still miss my dog (who died in 1982!) like I miss other relatives who've since departed.

Christmas is a bad time for anything like this to happen. An 18 year old friend of the family got killed on Christmas Eve morning in a road accident.

Thanks
    puppy got him right there because he knew the puppy. Its hard to get worked up over someone 5000 miles away dying when u duno who they are. Sucks though pets dying, cause u are with them all the time and it does become part of the family. I lost my cat bout 3 years back, so went and got another 3, well one which had 2 kittens
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    • shelley bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Lanparty Pro 875B
      • CPU:
      • Pentium 4 3.2
      • Memory:
      • 2 gig Geil
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 320 gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 9600XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 580w
      • Case:
      • Beantech BT84B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 15" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 2meg Nildram ADSL
    I'm so sorry for your loss I know you didn't have him for long but it only takes one look to fall in love with them and become attached, i'd be devastated if anything happened to my Dog, he was five last year and he's as much part the family as anyone else. just remember how happy he must've been to have a new family that loved him

My Mum in Law lost her Poodle 4 days after Christmas, his kidneys gave up ( he was diabetic, was on a special diet ) I never liked him because he had an unpredictable temperament, but his death was still sad.

When my Cat died it made me wonder why we put ourselves through it? we get them then love them then they break our hearts when they die.
    Last edited by shelley bda; 05-01-2007 at 05:43 PM.

Herr Doktor Oetker, ja!!! pollaxe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley bda View Post
    When my Cat died it made me wonder why we put ourselves through it? we get them then love them then they break our hearts when they die.
    We've never had other pets for exactly the same reason! Our dog was lovely.. the cats, less so, but I still miss them too..

Banned
    Thanks
    Yeah, but you can't live your life avoiding things because the ultimate outcome might be sad. Why bother with a girlfriend if you'll probably split up at some point? Why go to a party when it might be crap?

If you have a pet, you give them the best life you can while they are around, and when they croak, you have the memories, and the knowledge that they had a good life.

Thread Information