Thread: Urgent: Can I Have Both a 360 and My Laptop Connected to the Samsung 206BW Together?

Thanks

Urgent: Can I Have Both a 360 and My Laptop Connected to the Samsung 206BW Together?

hey everyone! i recently came upon this forum and saw how helpful the community seemed to be so i figured i would register an account for some help and try my best to contribute in the future.

anyway, i'm about to head on off to college and i have been looking at purchasing a nice widescreen lcd monitor for a while now. my preference would be to be able to play my 360 AND be able to switch to surfing the net on my laptop when i want. after doing a lot of research, i settled on the samsung 206bw and i think i'm going to order it from newegg.com, along with some other stuff.

now, my question is this: will i be able to have both connected to the monitor AND be able to switch on the fly without unplugging? according to newegg, the 206bw has both a VGA and DVI-D port; in theory, shouldn't i be able to use the included DVI-D cable to plug in my laptop (which has a DVI-D output) and pick up some vga cables for my 360 and plug that in to the monitor too?

this is my first time purchasing a monitor and i would just like to know how exactly it works. will i be able to switch from playing my 360 to studying for school on my laptop with a button? does anyone here have any experience with the 206bw or any similar case and can help me out?

thanks in advance to a community that i am confident will help out!

ps- after looking at images of the monitor from newegg, i came upon the "enter/source" button. i would assume this is the toggle button that enables the user to switch from vga to dvi-d. figured it would lead someone in the right direction to let me know if my assumption is correct. =]
    Last edited by Undoing Ruin; 19-08-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Re: Urgent: Can I Have Both a 360 and My Laptop Connected to the Samsung 206BW Togeth

yeah you can do that with the source button

Thanks

Re: Urgent: Can I Have Both a 360 and My Laptop Connected to the Samsung 206BW Togeth

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    yeah you can do that with the source button
    awesome, thanks a lot! i'm gonna place the order for all the stuff tonight! =]

Thread Information