Thread: Are there any picture frames capable of displaying XGA and SXGA resolutions

Registered+
    Thanks

Are there any picture frames capable of displaying XGA and SXGA resolutions

Are there any picture frames available that are capable of displaying resolutions of 1024 x 768 and beyond?

Ideally I would like to get a picture frame capable of XGA or SXGA resolution with the ability to connect to a PC via a D-Sub or DVI connectors?

What I am looking for is a very light weight screen / monitor, which I could place and carry in a rucksack and take with me when travelling to different locations without transportation and connects to different computers that are normally not connected to any monitors.

Can anyone recommend any such devices / picture frames?

Would it be best to go for a light weight monitor instead? However the problem with LCD monitors is that they cannot easily fit in rucksacks, neither can they easily be carried over long walking distances, because they do not have handles or protections for the LCD panels.

The lightness aspect and the ability to place the device in a bag or rucksack are crucial.

Thanks

Re: Are there any picture frames capable of displaying XGA and SXGA resolutions

I've seen 10" and 15" photo frames that have 1024x768 resolution and a 19" which was 1280x1024 iirc.

None were cheap and weren't particularly impressive.

How about one of those screens designed for CarPC's? Some of them are 1024x768

Jay
    Thanks

what about a low end cheap laptop?
    □ΞVΞ□

Registered+
    Thanks

The problem with laptops is that they use too much space, in terms of surface. I am not even sure if a laptop could be used as an external monitor to another PC.

The areas where I would be using these devices have very limited space, and, with the other equipment already crammed in the small rooms, there is very limited space for anything. If I am lucky, I may be able to have the top surface of a desktop pc to play with, including monitor, mouse and router sitting on top of the desktop pc.

The screens that are designed for Car PC's as you mention, do you have any brand names for them? What is the correct description for them so that I can do a search for them on Google?

Perhaps there exist some very light weight LCD monitors that are small enough to fit in a rucksack and which would do the trick?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerandran View Post
    The screens that are designed for Car PC's as you mention, do you have any brand names for them? What is the correct description for them so that I can do a search for them on Google?
    Sadly not. I just used a generic screen from an old laptop that I got a controller for.
    Could be worth taking a look around these places and see what they recommend.

http://www.mp3car.com/
    http://www.digital-car.co.uk/

Thread Information