• Amd X2 5000+
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8600GTS [4850 soon]
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 RC

Is your monitor configured?

The thought hit me when I was messing around on my pc - that I've never once toyed with the picture options, or really considered whether it was the right height/angle for where I was sitting.

Of course I don't do any image-or colour work so it's not exactly crucial for me (if I did I'd get an IPS panel or better yet a quality CRT), but I found this site has a lot of test screens which can help with little things like contrast/brightness/sharpness/angle etc.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

It's ok, i don't work for them , just thought it was worth sharing, and has some quite interesting explanations to go with it. Samsung autoadjust is pretty solid for some of the options, the others I'm judging as a slight improvement - which serves my paranoia well, since I'm pretty much infront of this screen all day.

Anyway, enjoy chaps.

Thanks

Re: Is your monitor configured?

If you're that bothered about how true the colours are, you'll get a calibration device such as this. (The Spider 2 would be adequate for most).

It was required for me, as my 2408WFP at home was horrible out of the box, and I struggled to get it looking right just using my eye, and software calibration programs are rather poor in my opinion.

Thread Information