Thread: Flat Screen TV/Monitor

Thanks

Flat Screen TV/Monitor

Hi,

Im looking for a TV which i can also use as a monitor. I have found the following two and wondered if anyone could tell me which i should go for?

ebuyer.com/product/158705...specifications

amazon.co.uk/Samsung-T220HD-22-inch-Widescreen-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B0017PBPTC/ref=de_a_smtd

Thanks

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Re: Flat Screen TV/Monitor

Ive read bad things about the HD series of those specific Samsungs - The LG one looks good but it uses a TN panel according to ebuyer. You could try getting a normal PC monitor and then buy a Freeview box seperate, you can get some Freeview boxes with HDMI output - this way you could possibly get a better/larger monitor for a similair price.

Thanks

Re: Flat Screen TV/Monitor

I would definately recommend the BenQ E2400HD like I've been recommending others. Especially if you want to use the monitor for dual/multi-purposes, without too much hassle or trouble. The E2400HD comes with VGA, DVI, and HDMI, so you could have your TV cable box (or gaming console) and computer connected to the monitor at all times, without having to deal with unplugging and plugging actions (that does become extremely annoying) everytime you want to switch around.

The E2400HD would be the one of the best choices for a 24" monitor for price + what it offers when comparing to it's competitors. With the Full HD 16:9 display + 24" of display, it makes watching movies quite a pleasurable thing to do, haha. Gaming is superb on the monitor as well as it utilizes the BenQ AMA technology which is bassically a monitor response time accelorator which projects speeds of 2ms. I own the E2200HD, and the only real difference is the 2 inches between the monitors. So if you feel that a 24" may be too big, maybe the 22" will fit you better. But then if you're looking to use it as a TV as well, I would really recommend the 24" instead, as the 2 inches does make a difference and give that that extra oompff in viewing satisfaction.

Hope that was useful!
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz, 2 GB DDR2, 500GB SATA-II 7200RPM, nVidia GeForce 9800GT 512mb, BenQ E2200 HD, BenQ G2412HD, Logitech S510 Wireless set, Creative GigaWorks T3 Speakers.

Thread Information