Thread: HP2009v

Thanks

HP2009v

Hi everyone

I have just purchased a new HP 2009v monitor which has a 1600x900 resolution. I am running Windows XP with Service pack 3 operating system. I have an AOpen Motherboard MX46-533GN which I believe has an option to add a 4AGP Graphics Card. I presently have my display setting at 1024x768 which is the nearest that I can get the display to utilise the full widescreen capability of the monitor, but it gives an elongated appearance on the screen. This is not too noticeable when viewing web pages but when working in Word and Excel programs etc this is not so acceptable.

Can anyone tell me whether by adding the 4 AGP Graphics Card this will enable my monitor to show the graphics without any distortion and be compatible to the rest of my system?

Any help you can give would be appreciated. I have looked on the PC World website and there are 2 or 3 4 AGP Graphics Cards which they sell, but I am not sure which is the most appropriate.

Regards

Chris

Thanks

Re: HP2009v

You could try using the latest version of the graphics driver to see if it supports the resolution you require.

Otherwise an ATI or Nvidia graphics card will will support that resolution. ATI 9200 and newer or Nvidia 4 series and newer, some older graphics will support that resolution but the ones listed are more popular and easier find.

Thread Information