Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

Thanks

Re: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

I've got a faulty EVGA 1070 card, if it wasn't the original fault that the monitor turned off and the GPU fans went mental but the video on YouTube I was watching carried on playing as I could still hear the sound but on switching the PC off it then wouldn't even post. I've definitely fried it testing whether it was the PSU was fault or not with a brief small flame and smoke coming from near to the power connectors when I tried booting the PC with just the motherboard and CPU power connectors plugged in . The PC and PSU (EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W) seem to be having no problems with my old HD6950 now plugged back in.

I bought it from Amazon.co.uk less then 2 months ago. Is it going to be faster to return it with Amazon or direct with EVGA? I'm inclined to contact Amazon as I specifically bought it from them not just because it was the cheapest price I could find but returning stuff to them is normally easy. I've never had and EVGA card before so I don't know if they are faster or easier to return items to. Obviously christmas is going to cause problems and add time to the return process.

bios curious
    Thanks
    • Mr_Jon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock AB350 Pro4
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 48GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 EVO NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6750XT
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define XL R2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung C32JG50 WQHD @ 144hz

Re: Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are *Look*

Quote Originally Posted by Katar View Post
    I've got a faulty EVGA 1070 card, if it wasn't the original fault that the monitor turned off and the GPU fans went mental but the video on YouTube I was watching carried on playing as I could still hear the sound but on switching the PC off it then wouldn't even post. I've definitely fried it testing whether it was the PSU was fault or not with a brief small flame and smoke coming from near to the power connectors when I tried booting the PC with just the motherboard and CPU power connectors plugged in . The PC and PSU (EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W) seem to be having no problems with my old HD6950 now plugged back in.

I bought it from Amazon.co.uk less then 2 months ago. Is it going to be faster to return it with Amazon or direct with EVGA? I'm inclined to contact Amazon as I specifically bought it from them not just because it was the cheapest price I could find but returning stuff to them is normally easy. I've never had and EVGA card before so I don't know if they are faster or easier to return items to. Obviously christmas is going to cause problems and add time to the return process.
    Amazon mate - the warranty is with the retailer. Plus, Amazon will swap it no questions asked. Return it via the help/contact us/email, saves even having to talk to them.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • asendedtrunks's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Gaming K3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-8600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 Nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 Black Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell 2408WFP

Realise this is an old thread but still seemed like the best place to ask, but does anyone know if Brexit has affected any of these warranties, and or warranties of things imported into UK?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information