Thread: Finally 6800GT coming my way.Was so lucky i dealt with an excellent person

Registered+
    Thanks

Finally 6800GT coming my way.Was so lucky i dealt with an excellent person

last night i ordered the XFX 6800GT from www.scan.co.uk which appeared to be in stock in a certain website for £245.75+vat

Once again i was unlucky and i called them today just to find out my order couldnt be dispatched cos the item was out of stock

so i cancelled it...

strangely though i received an e mail saying that my order has now been picked and the payment gone through-awaiting dispatch...so i wanted to check again just in case that the person i spoke with this morning was wrong...fortunately i spoke with this brilliant guy, Martin who told me that this was normal cos the order was cancelled...

explained him that i needed one so badly cos i am leaving the country in the 21st and he told me they were getting some more in in the 25th...

then something great happened...he checked into the "dungeons" and found one for me that was cancelled from another order...woohoo...one of the last 3 left that were all allocated to orders and this last one cancelled...

so he asked me to reorder it and phone him back with my new order number so that he could ship it to me...

So here i am again...with my payment authorised and the card being shipped to me today because of this good man...The wait is finally over for me after 3 order cancellations (one of which still hasnt refunded me the £300)...

Just wanted to share you my excitement and such a good action of good will from this excellent guy, Martin.

4.4ghz+ benching tomorrow then anyone?

Thanks
    Yes Scan are good, good salesman who actually do help rather than just try to sell sell sell.

Also nice to see which company you talking about unlike that "other" forum

My replacement from Scan isnt due until the 13th now

Registered+
    Thanks
    that is for the ULTRA?

sad news then...

well tbh mate i wanted an ultra...but they are so expensive...lol

any idea how should i go clocking my card?

do i just run 3dmark 03 nature looping and check for artifacts or corrupt graphics etc?

Thanks
    I never got time to clock mine before it broke. I think there might be an auto tool similar to ATITool for the rads.

Registered+
    Thanks
    £316 for sapphire x800 pro bit on the high side lucky i got mine for £240

Thread Information