Thread: 6800s which one and where

Thanks

6800s which one and where

Probably been discussed before but im a noob and dont really want to traul through 100s of pages so here goes again.
    Basically im doing silly things to my pc (lots of falshy new bits) and one of the things in particullar is some nice kick ass graphics. Was gonna go for a X800 (as a life long ati fan) but have now realised the 6800 is a better choice (what with doom3 and all) was gonna got for a GT and OC it to U speed but was wondering which is liklely to be best. I would like to get the BFG 6800GTOC but cant seem to find anywhere over here that sells it and american companies seem to get funny about international shipping. I have heard the XFX GT can be OC'ed to 6800U standard but as far as i can see it only has the single hight heatsink and i have heard that they tend to get a little hot if you dont have the double hight.
    Any ideas, anyone know where i can get the BFG card or which standard GT card is likely not to set on fire if i turn the clock up too much?

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    All the GTs are 'single height' (i.e. single slot) designs, and most of those are the same reference design from Nvidia (with a different sticker on the heatsink - i.e. a babe with big titties and words like 'extreme' and so on printed on them...)

Can't go wrong with any of them. Just find one that's in stock and cheap. I went PNY - PWC has them at £226+VAT which is the cheapest I've seen. Jeez, I should be on commision. :-)

Clocks nicely to Ultra and beyond. I leave mine at 400/1.1 - base Ultra speeds, and it's fine.

Nomadd

Thanks
    cheers thanks a lot will have a crack at it, was obviously told wrong about the single height heatsinks not doing the job

Thread Information