Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E-buyer offering a bargain 21" monitor (£129.98)

Thanks
    Should i take the risk of getting the free delivery when i know i don't have that much in my account?

wibble
    Thanks
    I'd just talked myself out of a 19" TFT ....... couldn't resist this though

78 in stock now, sorry 77 forgot the one I ordered
    Last edited by skattrd; 30-07-2004 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks
    Down to 63. I ordered two. Aside from the interest generated in this thread, system buyers must be at em now for that to be dropping so quickly.

Seems to be unlikely that it's a 'mistake', as now when i enter the site, it's popping up on the very front page as a featured product.

If it is one.... somebody is going to have a busy day cancelling 125 orders, as i'm confident these won't last the weekend.

It's been a bit of a hoot, watching friends who have been discussing getting a new TFT in preperation for Doom3 etc etc. to suddenly swing around and buy one of these! Those that weren't going to changed their minds when they read the HardOCP Doom3 'Hardware Guide' page, and in particular this remark:

"Unless of course you were doing a little snooping and found out how to run 2048x1536 resolution in the world of DOOM 3. If you are so inclined, 2048x1536 resolution is very gameable on the HardOCP Ultimate DOOM 3 System. In fact, it looks so good at 2048x1536, there were a few id Software employees that were amazed by it since they had never before seen it."

Now, instead of comments like "think of all the desk space i'll reclaim with a hot ass tft" it's questions like "can i perhaps knock a hole in the wall, insert the monitor into said hole, then have the advantage of desk space and an excellent screen... Plus, as a bonus, could said hole vent outside and allow me to duct cold air into my machine for the purpose of aiding overclocking?" etc etc etc.

Thanks
    I've just noticed there is actually a little chart thingy showing 150 people are currently looking at the monitor page, with an estimate of "May Sell Out In.... 4 Hours."

Thanks
    181 Viewers! 58 left! Peeps coming in now from a night out are probably running all over the house looking for their credit cards... which they've no doubt left in the pub/club/taxi/indian/chippy/toilet...

It's down to 56... it's selling about 2 a minute at the moment...

... now 53... "May Sell Out In.... 3 Hours"
    Last edited by CoolioCat; 30-07-2004 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    hmm so tempting...but it wont fit on the desk next to my cornerstone....and ive had terrible experiences with samsung 'flastscreen' CRTs, every one i have had has been 'wonkey' [the tube i mean] its a common problem online too as far as i can see...but tbh i dont need it, if i still had my crappy LG 17" i would go for it but i have my nice cornerstone P1500 that i paid £50 for...and its in imaculate condition with warrenty left so no reason to swap it out just yet....damn why do i look at these bargin threads....they just depress me into buying stuff and then make me ramble like this =) still i aint gettni one, but would be interested to see if anyone actaully recieves one =)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud1
    still i aint gettni one, but would be interested to see if anyone actaully recieves one =)
    It's in this weekends Ebuyer Eblast & they've confirmed & taken payment from me ...

Thanks
    Ordered. 40 left.

Thanks
    Bought 4 for me and some friends. Might end up going to ebay though as haven't asked them if they want one yet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallus
    Bought 4 for me and some friends.
    Delivery driver is going to love you!
    You don't live on the top floor by any chance?

Thanks
    Lol nah should be fine. Anyone know if Samsung's warranty is on site in case I do get a duff one or two? Hopefully it is but need to make sure.

Thanks
    18 left !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    It is indeed. (At least, it has been on all the TFT's i've ordered).

They send you a new unit, wait a week until your happy, then arrange for pickup of the old/broken/faulty one.

Samsung have their own monitor returns department now: very helpful and rapid responding. Probably wouldn't have ordered the monitors if I didn't already have experience of their all round excellent returns process. Certainly the best i've come across from almost any manufacturer (The only one that comes close is Cyberhome, although Acer are very polite, but you have to pay for the return and it takes 2 weeks to process your fault/claim)

Thanks
    It's always the same with a bargain.... you get the urge to BUY MORE!!!! Especially when they list the same model in white (at 3 times the price!) right beneath it. You think to yourself... "I can shift 5 or 6 of these...."

There is then a mass field trip, involving the hiring of a minibus, out to B&Q to purchase wood to extend desks, metal rods for reinforcement, etc.

No probs there, except the g/f's and wives follow on behind... insisting that while there you should actively participate in "discussing ideas for a new 'style' in the spare bedroom"... which actually translates to "let's buy the stuff you will be attempting to stick to the wall next bank holiday weekend", when in fact you could... nay... *should* be playing Doom3.

Gah, only 9 left!

Might as well have stamped "play Doom3 on this". Probably could have sold em all inside an hour that way, saved it taking all of... ooohhh.. about 6 hours.
    Last edited by CoolioCat; 31-07-2004 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks
    F*** it i couldn't resist.

Down to the last 5

Some guy is going to get a roasting Monday morning
    Last edited by Eddy396; 31-07-2004 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks
    All gone

Let's just hope they turn up now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information