Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: X800XT Benchmark Thread... Post Your Results Here!

Banned
    Thanks
    Made it a bit smaller.

Thanks
    I'm selling the RAM for £200 mate.

And bouncin, with 2.9Vdimm you should be safe for 250mhz FSB with this OCZ PC3500 EB if you loosen the timings a little, and if you keep them tight you should get to about 230mhz or so from what i've seen. As my board won't change multi no matter what I do (clockgen bloody freezes every time) I can't test their limits.

But EB rocks, there's no doubt about it. Just bought a 1GB of PC3700 EB to replace the stuff i'm selling you.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    Without smuggness and the like... and with no digs at my poor graphics card... What will HL2 be like on my Sony fx5200?
    *OEM ASUS P4SD-VX -P4 2.8Ghz w/ HT - 1024MB PC2700 RAM - Soon to be XFX 6600GT AGP - Audigy 2 6.1 (w/ Creative Megaworks 250Ds) - Sony 8x DVD +/- RW & Samsung 16x DVD-ROM - IDE 120GB 7.2krpm (30/90 partition) - 20GB Apple iPod 3g - Sony 15" HS53B - 2MBPS connection*

Cyber whore
    Thanks
    • bouncin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit an8 32x
      • CPU:
      • x2 4400 @2.7
      • Memory:
      • 2gb ocz el platinum
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 74 gb raptors raid 0 1 x 250 gbcaviar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward bliss 7950gx2
      • PSU:
      • ocx powerstream 600w
      • Case:
      • Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung LE40A565
      • Internet:
      • 20MB virgin media
    it will prolly be very poor indeed m8y but i never heard of a sony gfx card ?

but on the + side at the very least it should run 30+ fps on really low settings

Thanks
    When I said you cant see anything if was refering to the fact the screen shoot is a VERY dark scene not a sunny outdoors scene farcry is famous for or even much light at all.

Anyway if I was looking for an arguement you I would start with your spelling

By the way a indicates somebody is joking, although this sentence is not a joke.

Anyway had a really odd thing happen on Farcry last night, I increased the AA and AF setting in the ati control panel but it ran too slow so I switched them off again but Farcry ran even slower! I mean about 10-20fps I rebooted and got same thing, in the end I had to reinstall my video card drivers to sort the problem and its now running smooth again, very odd though.

Cyber whore
    Thanks
    • bouncin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit an8 32x
      • CPU:
      • x2 4400 @2.7
      • Memory:
      • 2gb ocz el platinum
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 74 gb raptors raid 0 1 x 250 gbcaviar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward bliss 7950gx2
      • PSU:
      • ocx powerstream 600w
      • Case:
      • Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung LE40A565
      • Internet:
      • 20MB virgin media
    whats wrong with my spelling?

Banned
    Thanks
    I don't think he means your spelling, more the AOL chat room style you write in. All this 'm8' instead of mate, 'u' instead of you, 'ur' instead of your or you're, and 'gr8' instead of great.

It looks a bit silly, to be honest mate, I'm sure it leads some to not take what you say that seriously, as people tend to associate people who type like that with AOL using, Counter Strike playing 'l33t d00ds'.

No offence, just can't see why you can't spend an extra .03 of a second to type the proper word. Wouldn't hurt to start a sentance with a capital letter as well.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncin
    it will prolly be very poor indeed m8y but i never heard of a sony gfx card ?

but on the + side at the very least it should run 30+ fps on really low settings
    It will probably be very poor indeed mate but I have never heard of a Sony graphics card?

But on the plus side at the very least it should run 30+ fps on really low settings.

And that is only two sentences. The style of your writing can be very annoying to read on forums, on SMS or IMs its fine becuase you have to be quick but I think on forums its worth taking the time to make sense. As Kaul said if your giving somebody techincal advise or debating a point then they are going to have a hard time taking you seriously.

Anyway back on topic

http://www.thebuzzard.myby.co.uk/cssource1.jpg
    http://www.thebuzzard.myby.co.uk/cssource2.jpg

Some nice CS: Source screenies with 4xAA for the jaggies haters.
    Last edited by TheBuZZard; 02-09-2004 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks
    And that is only two sentences. The style of your writing can be very annoying to read on forums, on SMS or IMs its fine becuase you have to be quick but I think on forums its worth taking the time to make sense. As Kaul said if your giving somebody techincal advise or debating a point then they are going to have a hard time taking you seriously.
    Christ lads, we all know what he means so there's no need to hit on him like that, jesus, could have been said a bit more diplomatically. We're not bleeding anally retentive robots (like the guy above) here we're supposed to be sound blokes. It can be irksome at times but a quick PM from a mod would have served better than two posts like that that while may have good intentions, come accross as a bit offensive.
    Last edited by Richdog; 02-09-2004 at 08:18 AM.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    And calling me an anal retentive robot isnt offensive?

Yes I know what he means but when somebody writes as if they have an IQ of 12 I can only assume they have an IQ of 12. Im sure he hasnt Im trying to be helpful by asking him to show he isnt that stupid. Its very easy on forums for people to get the wrong end of the stick and typing short hand the way he does wont help matters.

If wanting people to talk clearly is analy retentive then I must be. But I think its just common sense and good manners, two things usually lacking from forums.

Told you that would start an arguement
    Last edited by TheBuZZard; 02-09-2004 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    Well he's been a member for almost a year and I haven't seen many people have a problem with it, and I never struggle to know what he's talking about. I'd say its remotely annoying when someone types shorthand seeing as I did an English based degree and I like to write "properly" but i'd never care enough about it to pick someone up on it like that, it's just rude there's no two ways about it. The proper way to do it is for a moderator to have a quiet word via PM, not public tickings off from all and sundry. Anyway thats all i'm saying on the matter. Peace and love to all mankind blahdey blah etc etc.

Friendly, pleasant tone of thread was also sullied.
    Last edited by Richdog; 02-09-2004 at 09:22 AM.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    [rant] 3 things are guranteed to instantly piss me off in forums:

"short hand" spelling
    Use of American spelling by British people.
    Calling me m8, m8y, mate or any other variation when you dont know me. This applys to real life too. Just seems way to impolite and informal way to greet somebody you dont know, maybe I was just brought up right. But once you get to know me you can call me twatface and I wont mind. [/rant]

Apart from that I love you all
    Last edited by TheBuZZard; 02-09-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuZZard
    Calling me m8, m8y, mate or any other variation when you dont know me. This applys to real life too. Just seems way to impolite and informal way to greet somebody you dont know, maybe I was just brought up right.
    Ludicrous, calling someone "mate", no matter how it's spelt is the standard friendly greeting of our generation, and has nothing but good intentions. I was brought up properly and I still say it. If minor and inconsequential things like that really "piss you off forums" then looks like you came to the wrong place... this is a friendly and informal forum.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    • DaKid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z270E
      • CPU:
      • i7-7700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD SSD, 3TB Sata (internal), 3TB USB (external)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AORUS 1080Ti
      • Case:
      • Define R5
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 100GB
    I'm on the side of people who don't care about shorthand. It annoys me when people spell things wrong and are incapable of using grammar properly when trying to write proper words, but using shorthand is simply a very commonly means of writing on this interweb thingummyjig.

In a medium where you can only be judged by what you write, which do you think gives a worse impression? Spelling incorrectly and not knowing how to write your language; or using a shorthand that everyone understands?

End of the day, I've learnt my lesson about correcting people's spelling and grammatical mistakes ... as long as the readers can work out the meaning, it doesn't really matter how it's written (even if it does still jar). Just try not to use m8y in job applications

Thanks
    I dont see why its ludicrous to expect people to be more polite. Crazy probably but doesnt seem an unfair request.

Anyway all forums have the same thing, I know I cant change it but doesnt mean I have to like it. I mainly read forums when Im bored at work, which is a lot If that wasnt the case I probably wouldnt bother with them at all. When Im stuck in work especially by myself I find they are good way to have some banter. And this forum seems as good as any to witter on about the stupid crap I like.

I dont mind if people spell things wrong or use bad grammer if they at least try to spell correctly if its just a typo or mistake then fair enough. Its the practise of spelling things wrong on purpose that gets my goat.
    Last edited by TheBuZZard; 02-09-2004 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaKid
    Just try not to use m8y in job applications
    Damn, I wondered why I never got that job at the law firm, but now I think about it, "gizza job m8y I need some readies" was a bit informal. *sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuZZard
    I mainly read forums when Im bored at work, which is a lot If that wasnt the case I probably wouldnt bother with them at all. When Im stuck in work especially by myself I find they are good way to have some banter. And this forum seems as good as any to witter on about the stupid crap I like.

And TheBuZZard, maybe coming on these forums just to relieve a bit of boredom at work and insult long-standing members by "wittering on about crap" in the tech sections when they're having an enjoyable discussion about vid cards isn't the right way to go...
    Last edited by Richdog; 02-09-2004 at 10:04 AM.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information