Thread: loud geforce 4 cooler

Formerly known as Viet Cong Zombi and tuone
    Thanks

loud geforce 4 cooler

My excellently amazing refurb creative gf4 is now the noisiest part of my rig...
    can anyone say what the situation is 4 gpu cooling noise on various cards, and if anyone has done comparisons and benches?

cheers!!

dpm
    Thanks
    The fan on the creative ti4400s is a right little screamer well known for being one of the loudest around.- i put up with it for 3 days before i nipped to maplins and bought the zalman heatpipe cooler - i think its called the hp-80 or something.

A temperature sensor next to the gpu die shows that it gets pretty hot, but there've been no problems, and my system is now a lot quieter...

Thanks
    zalman hp80 is overkill, and it still needs a fan if ur overclocking ur card, which can just rest on the back heatsink or on the top depending if u have desktop or tower case. the heatsink can hold alot of heat but it doesnt disipate it well. with a fan, i used 80mm one that was silent it cools very well and i got very good clocks on my 9700np with it.

its too expensive aswell, i recomend a vantec iceberq4 as its small, looks good and cools good enuf, while quiet (i have the iceberq1, the new one might b louder)

Thanks
    I've got a Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 GS with a Zalman heatpipe on it. No additional fans and it's running stable at 330/720.

It does seem to push the case temp up considerably though. My CPU temp is currently 47.5C and the case temp is a whooping 40C.

Thread Information