Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To buy or not to buy...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ging
    "cough"

myth just upgrade your graphics you know you will any way so stop arguing with yourself and do it ,any of the new g cards should be sufficiant apart from the 6800LE

yea, Its killing me! You have no idea how much! My luck I'll buy a BFG ultra and it will still be slow! how well do the ultras OC? I am thinking of the Ultra if I can sell my AIW...
    Last edited by myth; 10-10-2004 at 03:17 AM.

Thanks
    does anyone here have this? http://www.ocie.com/metacart/product.asp?intProdID=3680

Its a single slot cooler... I am just wondering cause there in stock and I might order it today...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myth
    does anyone here have this? http://www.ocie.com/metacart/product.asp?intProdID=3680

Its a single slot cooler... I am just wondering cause there in stock and I might order it today...
    hope you get the matching earplugs.

Thanks
    • BenW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Dual SATA2
      • CPU:
      • AMD64 3500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB Crucial DDR
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Samsung 8MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 3850
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ-04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 17" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 8Mb
    arctic cooler!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_wade
    arctic cooler!

yup but better still waterblock.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot
    yup but better still waterblock.

I can get the BFG with the water block for only $515 but i'd need a artic 5 then... cause I dont have water cooling!

Thanks
    Cause of the die sze of the 6800's they wont overclock much higher, as they produce to much heat.
    However ATI dont have this issue, so you are gonna get higher clocks out of say an XT card.
    To be honest iv owned both an x800pro which did 550/540 (from 450/470) at default volts and only whent just over 70C at full load.
    However my current 6800GT does only 400/1.1 (from 350/1.1), and hits over 100C at full load (I know tell me about it).
    In general the GT's dont overclock much over 400,a nd the mem doesnt go much further than stock either. Even if u extreme cool them, they are unlikely to do much more, due to die constraints.
    However in favour of the 6800 series is its got a nicer driver set than ATI. ATI are trying to catch up but there last attempt was sad, as the COntrol Panel took seconds to respond when you clicked anything.
    Also, I noticed that without any anti aliasing applied, ATI image has less jaggies than NVidia (noticabely so).
    On the note of 6800 Ultra's, Id personally get a XT PE instead. That way you wont chew up loads of power, have two molex connectors on the GFX card and heat your case and room up lol
    And to boot the XT PE has more chance of overclocking too, especially with extreme cooling.
    hexus rating
    ebay rating

AMD A8-5400K 3.6@4.0| ASRock A75M| HD7750| 4GB DDR3| Lian Li| Tagan 480W| 2405FPW TFT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jamadaia
    Cause of the die sze of the 6800's they wont overclock much higher, as they produce to much heat.
    However ATI dont have this issue, so you are gonna get higher clocks out of say an XT card.
    To be honest iv owned both an x800pro which did 550/540 (from 450/470) at default volts and only whent just over 70C at full load.
    However my current 6800GT does only 400/1.1 (from 350/1.1), and hits over 100C at full load (I know tell me about it).
    In general the GT's dont overclock much over 400,a nd the mem doesnt go much further than stock either. Even if u extreme cool them, they are unlikely to do much more, due to die constraints.
    However in favour of the 6800 series is its got a nicer driver set than ATI. ATI are trying to catch up but there last attempt was sad, as the COntrol Panel took seconds to respond when you clicked anything.
    Also, I noticed that without any anti aliasing applied, ATI image has less jaggies than NVidia (noticabely so).
    On the note of 6800 Ultra's, Id personally get a XT PE instead. That way you wont chew up loads of power, have two molex connectors on the GFX card and heat your case and room up lol
    And to boot the XT PE has more chance of overclocking too, especially with extreme cooling.

nice reply.as for the driver thing, the latest omega driver does not have this control panel issue and greatly imrpoves framerates and quality.

Thanks
    I can justify buying a new card today if I knew I could sell my AIW 9800 pro! But no one wants it! I'll look some more but this is all I can find in stock! I was hoping to find one of these!

Last edited by myth; 10-10-2004 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks
    FOUND IT!!!!

OK! I just ordered a BFG Ultra OC!
    Last edited by myth; 10-10-2004 at 11:05 PM.

Thread Information