Thread: Another day fiddling with my pc!

Thanks

Another day fiddling with my pc!

My main pc has been down for a few weeks/months/for ever, or just at stock speeds, while I sorted out my watercooling.

today everything was perfect. The hdd watercooler I made in 2 hours yesterday, was perfect. My cpu waterblock, which I designed and got cnc machined, was now compleatly leakproof after fiddling with different orings for an hour (the barbs leaked from wrong orings )

Everything was ready to turn on, after 1hour of fixing a few expected issues it booted to windows.

But then.. just after typing my windows password, I reach in and touch a molex cable, to push it inside my case so I could put the side on...

but then the monitor goes off and I relise what happened - the loss of power to the gfx card kills it!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was my 9500np, which was at 450/300, non-sotmodded, getting 4.2k 3dm2k3 points.

So now I have my last 9500, my spare from the other pc in here, the one that only gets 2.5k points . Looks like I will be getting a new card, in the range of £250-500, very soon

And I was looking forward to compleating doom3

So which card should I get, and why?

Sitting in a tin can. Far above the Earth.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    Looks like I will be getting a new card, in the range of £250-500, very soon
    Nice to see you've narrowed it down, then! :-)

Nomadd
    Support the OcUK Forum Free Speech Initiative: If you intend to register with the intention of posting defamatory remarks about OcUK, then please click here to return to the index. If you continue to register, and post any complaints or criticisms of OcUK, then your account will be immediately removed.

Thanks
    Not having much luck are you ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    I was looking forward to compleating doom3
    Doom3: Most predictable ending since the film Titanic!

But don't forget to play Super Turbo Turkey Puncher in the kitchen at the start. THWACK! Gobblegobblegobble. THWACK! Gobblegobblegobble. So addictive it's bootiful. Really Bootiful.

Thanks
    I really hate molex connectors, so badly designed. Ive lost other things to them before, my 120gb hdd for example, that was almost full with un-backed up stuff that I wasnt pleased to lose

Luck in the world of computers is not something I have ever had. I know more than I need to know about computer hardware and electronics, vmodding, watercooling - yet I will always get a leak with my watercooling the first time I fill it up... - luckly never a leak while the pc was on, when its off it doesnt matter, dry it and it will still work, always

Also my cpu watercooling is performing quite poor compared to my expectations.
    My tbred, at 2.2, 1.9v (1.84v real) is 44°c under load, from the mobo sensor. Not particually good is it?
    However I know the mounting isnt perfect, I lost one of the springs and had to use another (more bad luck ) so I think that can be fixed. However atleast its quiet ( a lotmore than the slk800!!), and I will be happy to o/c to 2.4ghz at 2.05 vcore, which was reaching 60c with the slk800, might be 50c with this.

anyone remember the site that gives you a wattage rating for an overclocked cpu? I know this site is very wrong in its result, but I just want a guess at how well my w/b performs ...
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 10-10-2004 at 10:29 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, read reviews of the X800pro, X800XT-PE, 6800GT and 6800Ultra, see what they say, and make your choice.

Personally, I'd get a GT and overclock it, or go for a X800XT-PE, from somewhere like LowestOnWeb at £320, and enjoy.

Thanks
    Mind answering a question I probably wont find in reviews - mounting holes. Any recent cards have the same mounting holes as the r3x0 gpus? Ill probably have to remake the top of my gpu waterblock anyway..

Ill probably go for nvidia card this time around, or wait for the next major ati release..

edit: currently running 2.36ghz, 2.1v (2.00v real), 46°c load. If only I could get more voltage to this chip
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 10-10-2004 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    X800 series shares the same mounting points as r3x0 My Maze4 slots straight from 9800 Pro to X800 ViVo (Pro -> XT PE )
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thanks
    Interesting

Are there still any x800 cards that will definatly mod to XT PE? or was that just the first few batches which did?

Thanks
    I think Club3D X800 Pro ViVos do
    .: Predator :.

- Shuttle SN25P - A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.7GHz - 1GB PQI Ultra DDR - X850XT - Asus DVD-ROM - 200GB Maxtor + 2*80GB SATAII -

Thread Information