• Case:
      • Antec 902
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24" LED

9700 Pro driver and tv probs...

Hi,

I just got a 9700 pro and put the rev 3 silencer on it as I like a quiet computer.

I have some problems though:

1. I can only install the catalyst 4.7 drivers that came with the card. I tried 4.11 and the 4.12 betas and the latest omega drivers and they all just make the screen go weird when windows starts up (when it gets to the login bit not the starting up bit of windows). Oh, I uninstalled each driver each time, well I had to in safe mode before i could try the next one. Anyone know what's going on here?

2. This bloody Tv out setup is not like it is with Nvidia. I can see windows on the tv all the time but i want it so that if I play a dvd or movie file it shows full screen on the tv. I've been messing about with the overlay controls and clone mode but it isn't working.

At the moment I have clone mode at standard as this is the only way it doesn't screw up. That said, if i play a movie it show's black on the monitor window and I can see it in the power dvd window on the tv.

If I try theatre mode or same on all it seems to turn off the tv out, change the resolution on the monitor and try to play it on the monitor fullscreen. Except it doesn't the picture freezes and the sound continues. I have to reboot and put clone mode back to standard.

I also tried changing the overlay controls in power dvd but this had the same effect as changing clone mode to theatre mode.

This is really irritating me, is there any simple step by step guide to getting overlay to work so a movie is fullscreen on the tv and I can still use windows. I've searched all over the internet and cant find anything helpfull.

Pleeeease help me someone.

Thank you.
    Mark.

Thanks
    • mark22's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 extreme4
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @4.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC16000
      • Storage:
      • Crucial C300
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 6950 oc
      • PSU:
      • Antec truepower
      • Case:
      • Antec 902
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24" LED
    Someone help me pleeeeeeeease!

I read reviews on here and it seems the majority is ati fans so you all must use the drivers and tv out, I'm used to nvidia settings and just cant work out whats going wrong.

Ty.

Mark.

Thread Information