Thread: Slow BIOS POST text display with P5B Deluxe after upgrading graphics to GeForce 560Ti

Thanks

Slow BIOS POST text display with P5B Deluxe after upgrading graphics to GeForce 560Ti

I'm still on an old Asus P5B Deluxe mobo with Q6600 CPU. My old GeForce 7600GT card was starting to fail so I upgraded to an Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

In Windows it runs fine and performance is greatly improved, but during boot the BIOS POST text display is laggy compared to the 7600GT.

Any ideas on why a much more powerful card is slow updating the display during BIOS POST ?

Thanks

Re: Slow BIOS POST text display with P5B Deluxe after upgrading graphics to GeForce 5

Just to clarify, the POST itself isn't any slower; it's just the display of the text/scrolling is slower/laggy.

Thanks

Re: Slow BIOS POST text display with P5B Deluxe after upgrading graphics to GeForce 5

Searched around a it and it looks like some graphics cards have poor VESA implementations which can lead to this slow performance. It's also possible my old mobo isn't playing well with the newer graphics card.

Not a big deal but it's annoying a much more powerful graphics card is actually slower in this.

Thread Information