Thread: PC through my TV

Thanks

PC through my TV

Hi all,

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? What hardware / software do I need?

Cheers,
    Nick

Thanks
    You referring to just using your TV as a secondary monitor?
    If so then you need a graphics card with TV-Out, a piece of cable and your set.

Thanks
    Ive run my PC through my TV, not worth it unless your TV is true flat, the curved screens make a mess of the picture

It runs native at 640x480 on my 21" 4:3 sony through S-video, it makes for a dramatic effect on games as the TV seems to put out colours and movements in a nice way , unfortunately the low resolution means you cant read some things on the screen.

Worth a try, i'd only use it for racing games tbh, and i have a PS2 for that so i dont use TV-out at all now

Thanks
    My card is a GeForce4 Ti4800SE. I'm at work at the moment so can't check. I think I've got a cable in the box.

What socket will it connect to on my TV? SCART? Or S-video or similar?

The purpose is I want to record some Dj'in mixes, and I dont want to lug about my 17" CRT etc, when I can just pick up my shuttle and carry it through to the next room :-)

Thanks
    The TV card wont record sound You'll have to use the Line-in for that (Im almost sure of that, better have someone else on here double check). Do you need to record both video and music of the mix?

Also, there are quite a few portable Hard Drive MP3 players out there that will record via line-in straight to MP3. They are small and more convenient and you can use it for music too , but it would mean another expense

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    you will have a TV out on your card. Just plug it in to whatever input is available on your TV. If you have composite jack on the TV this would be ideal however a SCART will do fine. All of the inputs on a TV are interchangable using adapters i.e if you only have a scart input on the TV and the output of the geforce is svideo you can get an adapter.

composite is a 'phono' type jack, svideo is a sleaved jack with 4 pins. you know what a scart is

sound will definatly NOT go though the video card to the TV, you will need to plug the output from your sound card into the TVs scart / 'phono' AV socket.

you best solution would be a euro SCART cable with 3 phono plugs, one for left audio, one for right audio, and one for video. plug your soundcard into the two audio plugs using a 3.5mm stereo to left/right phono adapter. Plug the video output into the video cable using whatever adapter you need from you video card (likely to be svideo).

hope this is clear

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    just read your post agian - i assume you already know how to record sound yeah as i said with the video just plug into any hole that you have on your TV all inputs are adaptable

Thanks
    Yeah I've got a line-in cable from my mixer.

Anyone got an links to said devices? I believe theres only SCARt on my crappy TV in my room...

The TV is to basically stop me from lugging my CRT around from room to room...

Thread Information