Thread: Gigabyte gtx 960 4gb causing the monitors to shutdown while working

Thanks

Gigabyte gtx 960 4gb causing the monitors to shutdown while working

I decided to upgrade my graphics card. I had a XFX 7770 2gb by amd and I upgraded to gigabyte gtx 960 4gb. I installed new graphics card without any issue, on start up 1st thing I did was got rid of all my amd drivers (amd catalyc control centre) however little did I know that my chipset was also amd, so at this point I have deleted all my chipset drivers therefore none of my usb ports were working, I do not have a CD ROM. However I managed to work around the issue. I used a laptop to download the chipset drivers and transferred the files on my pc using the network. I installed the drivers and everything was back to normal, then I installed the drivers for my new graphics card. I have 2 monitors and I would like to connect both of them using dvi cables. My new graphics card allow me to connect DVI-D (Dual link) and DVI-I (dual link) One of my DVI cable has a DVI-D (Dual Link) output and other cable has DVI-D (Single link) output. However DVI-D (dual link) input on my graphics card is not working with either monitor so I used a DVI to HDMI converter to get both my monitors working. So after I got everything to work, now I get a whole another problem. Both my monitors turn off when im working on my pc however the PC itself do not turn off its just the monitors. Then it says "no signal" as if the monitors are not recognized. After about 10-15 mins it restart itself and the monitors come back on and the loop continue. On top of that sometime now my PC decide itself to restart it self. I thought to reinstall my chipset with latest drivers however I cant even do that as when I go on to the AMD website and download the driver that I need it keeps saying "this driver is not supported for this windows". So what I was going to do next was a clean windows install and install all the drivers from scratch but before I do that is there a fix for this issue?? Please help.

It could be a compatibility issue if it is please let me know so I can return this graphics card, please find my PC specs bellow

Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0
    AMD FX 8350 black edition
    Corsair H60 Water Cooler
    16gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhz
    Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
    Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 960 WINDFORCE 2X Graphics Card - 4GB
    120gb Kingston hyper x SSD (boot driver)
    1TD Seagate Barracuda HDD
    2TD Seagate Barracuda HDD

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Gigabyte gtx 960 4gb causing the monitors to shutdown while working

I would recommend reinstalling windows, it's always best practice when changing any major hardware/components.

Thread Information