Thread: advice on 9500 from retek and the softmod ..

Thanks

advice on 9500 from retek and the softmod ..

im about to buy one of these as i want a cheap card to tide me over (since my fiddling with the old 9800 pro aiw went pear shaped) till the pci e settles down and i can choose a new mobo etc

how easy is this softmod is it as easy as the guides look ?
    does the heat output increase i have an arctic cooling heatink anyways which i will stick on after i have confirmed it working
    are they stable , as in if its succesfully soft modded will that be the last i have to worry about it ?

what are your clocks like for those who could soft mod and those who couldnt ?
    any other info is always nice too

Thanks
    The soft mod is pretty easy. Mine is 100% stable. It does increase the heat output but an Arctic cooler will cope easily. Mine clocks to about 350/310, but the core may go further when I get round to fitting my arctic cooler; I think it's heat limited ATM.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    Can you be sure they are ones with L-shaped memory configuration (I assume you mean the 9700 mod)?

Thanks
    Softmod is very easy - it's a case of choosing an option in a window when installing the Omega Drivers. Couldn't be simpler. I get very minor texture distortion/chequerboarding with my card but it's very rare. Fitted with an Arctic Cooling Silencer, it clocks up to 415 core and 330 memory and gets me around 6000 3DMark03 with a 2.2ghz Athlon.

Like skuzgib says, only certain boards softmod and even then they may not mod perfectly. You could try ringing Retek to check if the cards are the L-shaped memory ones. There's a list of cards and the softmods possible at http://www.techpowerup.com/softmod/faq.php

Thanks
    well turns out i stay 15 minutes from retek ive emailed to see if i can pick up the card personally and if it isnt i prob will stump up for a 9700 i just need somethin to tide me over just now and have a bit of fun with soft moddin and over clocking

Thanks
    emailed them about the 9500 and they aren't the L shaped memory so probably won't soft mod

Thanks
    bugger me !

Thread Information