Thread: how to set up my GFX card to work on the home tv

Registered+
    Thanks

how to set up my GFX card to work on the home tv

ok i have a Leadtek TI4400 it has tv out and dvi what i need to know as i have NEVER done this is how do i get my card to give me the picture on the home TV, i have video footage and such i watch on the monitor and i would love to be able to set up were it can also be watched on the home tv, what is it i would need to buy for this to happen, the Tv has only 2 scart sockets and the normal analogue ariel point. thanx for any help in advance.

also my TV is about 6 foot away from the PC.

Banned
    Thanks
    6 foot may be a little long for a std SCART/video lead but look around. Basically you need to plug in the supplied lead to the TVout point in your gfx card, then use a SCART converter which are VERY cheap. Then you just set up your sw side. Go into Diaplay Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> "your cards name" -> nView Mode then select CLONE. Then go to tyhe Overlay Controls tab and select Full Screen Device = Secondary Display. You can use the Zoom Control on the Video Mirror to help remove any black borders and there are a few other tweaks you can do but that's essentially it.

PS. You can get the convertor from Maplins or you should find a 'camcorder connection kit' from Argos may help.

Thanks
    Are you sure your tv hasnt got standard
    composite connectors? or an svid conn?

If it hasnt then scart leads are the only way to
    go, These a 3rd party software called "tv tool"
    much simplier to use and with alot more
    features then in nvidia,s control panel,
    Been using it for yrs, Great peice of software
    for people who use tv out, Should be on kazza

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hello Reality i am not sure what you mean by standard compsite but i do have at the front of my TV when i drop the flip 3 fixtures that look like the leads i was provided with would fit in if they were long enough, the 3 holes are coloured as yellow white and red? is this maybe were i could plug in the leads? thanx for the advice it is much appreciated, this is a first for me using TV out so i guess i am as green as they come

Austin thanx for the advice i will look around and buy what you say well the hardware i will buy thanx again

Thanks
    Originally posted by scouse
    Hello Reality i am not sure what you mean by standard compsite but i do have at the front of my TV when i drop the flip 3 fixtures that look like the leads i was provided with would fit in if they were long enough, the 3 holes are coloured as yellow white and red? is this maybe were i could plug in the leads? thanx for the advice it is much appreciated, this is a first for me using TV out so i guess i am as green as they come

Austin thanx for the advice i will look around and buy what you say well the hardware i will buy thanx again
    Yep scouser those 3 holes are composite connections

usually:

yellow= video
    white= audio
    red = audio (stereo audio)

your gf4 should have come with a svideo to composite
    converter,(short cable) you plug that into your graphic card, connect one end of a standard composite cable to that and the
    other end in the yellow(video) connection to the tv.
    You should now have video.

For sound you can ethier just use your soundcard/ speakers
    on the pc, or you need to get an composite adapter cost £3-£5 which will plug into the back of your sound card which in turn
    via another composite cable connects to the audio conns
    on your tv.........this will enable sound via your tv speakers.

hope this helps.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Realityx yep mate that is a HUGE help i realy appreciate that dude you ahve won a gold star from the scouse you ahve made things a lot clearer to me know i always wondered what those were at the front of my TV haha, cheers mate

btw yes my card has got those leads although they are small know i know what to do i will get appropriate size now

Thread Information