Thread: keyholeNV

Thanks

Question keyholeNV

Hi I’m new to posting here, so I’m not sure if this should be under ‘General Discussion and Banter’ or the ‘Computer Hardware and Overclocking’, so sorry if it’s off-topic for either.

Anyway, funny how one Google search leads you to other interesting stuff you weren’t thinking of… I was looking for a cool place to discuss NVIDIA graphics cards cause a, er, ‘friend’ of mine… has been trying to get his copy of DOOM III Alpha to work on a new 5900 ULTRA (it all worked before on ‘his’ Ti4600 and found this: http://www.keyhole.com/body.php?h=products&t=keyholeNV

Anyone heard of it before? I hadn’t seen anything about it on NVIDIA’s Website before.

Any idea what benefit only an NVIDIA card would give to this? If there are benefits, would the same be true of integrated NVIDIA nForce2 graphics?

I mean, an ATI RADEON 9700 PRO is quicker than an NVIDIA TNT2 Ultra, so what would an old TNT2 Ultra bring to the table with this ‘Keyhole NV’ that a 9700 or 9800 PRO wouldn’t?

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable
    Maybe the fact that its a project NVIDIA have taken on and like everything else wouldnt think of sharing with their rivals, and i doubt the speed would be much different as long as ur card is decent gf2+
    3D Mark 2k1 - 20661

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in.

smells
    Thanks
    remember seeing about that quite a while ago, great if u wanna scroll across a featureless planet

Thanks
    Thanks for your input guys.

Get the feeling that whatever keyholeNV is, they probably haven't shouted about it cause they realised it's a bit of a non-starter.

Actually I've found something pretty intriguing on that site, but it's probably 'off-topic' for 'CHO' so I'll post in GD...

Thanks again.

Thanks
    here's the link to my post in GD: http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?threadid=3683

Thread Information