Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice please - clicking Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

Registered+
    Thanks

Advice please - clicking Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

Hi all,

I've been putting together my first build over the last few months, buying components gradually as they go on sale, mostly as open box etc and using some parts from an old Lenovo desktop I had (I thought I could just buy a cheap graphics card for it, then got sucked into basically a completely new computer sans the processor). Recently I purchased a b-grade Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+. I was really pleased with the price as I'd been saving for a graphics card for awhile when the prices started going up due to covid. Unfortunately it clicks when the fans spin up. I assumed something was stuck in them, but I can't see anything. I don't really want to return the card due the difficulty finding one in my price range in the first place. Is there anything else that could be causing it? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Re: Advice please - clicking Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

The graphics card should still be under warranty with Sapphire - why not RMA it to them? The downside is you will probably need to send it to somewhere in Europe or Taiwan, which won't be cheap.

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi, thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that as I was under the impression RMAs were something to do with USA legislation. I'm in the UK so I thought it would just be covered by the consumer rights act and the seller would just offer a refund since they won't have another b-grade unit to exchange it for. The cost of the cards has shot up, so a refund wouldn't cover an alternative. Thanks, I'll email sapphire

Thanks

Sapphire warranty is only for the original purchaser I believe, if its b-grade sounds like it is second hand perhaps? In that case I would contact where you got the graphics card from
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Jon, thanks for your message. I'm not aware that it's second hand. I got it from overclockers and was under the impression it was either a return or ex-demo, but I may be wrong. I was trying to keep costs down whilst avoiding actual second hand hardware. My original plan had been to get a card from cex, but a friend advised against it on the basis that I wouldn't know how it had been looked after previously. I'll email overclockers and enquire about the warranty or lack there of. Thanks for the help

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    Sapphire warranty is only for the original purchaser I believe, if its b-grade sounds like it is second hand perhaps? In that case I would contact where you got the graphics card from
    It depends on the retailer? B-grade stock might be stock returned under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' (which apparently replaced 'Distance Selling Regulations'), which allow people to return items within 14 days of purchase. The item might be missing some parts (e.g. the manual), or might be an ex display item. Either way, it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Srenron View Post
    Hi all,

I've been putting together my first build over the last few months, buying components gradually as they go on sale, mostly as open box etc and using some parts from an old Lenovo desktop I had (I thought I could just buy a cheap graphics card for it, then got sucked into basically a completely new computer sans the processor). Recently I purchased a b-grade Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+. I was really pleased with the price as I'd been saving for a graphics card for awhile when the prices started going up due to covid. Unfortunately it clicks when the fans spin up. I assumed something was stuck in them, but I can't see anything. I don't really want to return the card due the difficulty finding one in my price range in the first place. Is there anything else that could be causing it? Thanks for any advice in advance.
    Where did you purchase the B-grade Sapphire card from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    It depends on the retailer? B-grade stock might be stock returned under the 'Consumer Contracts Regulations' (which apparently replaced 'Distance Selling Regulations'), which allow people to return items within 14 days of purchase. The item might be missing some parts (e.g. the manual), or might be an ex display item. Either way, it should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
    Yes I am aware but being b-grade could mean that the original retailer may not have anymore to exchange and would only be able to provide a refund and as the OP has said they don't know if they could get a similar card for the money I assume they have already looked at that.

As for manufacturer warranty it will come down to if the card is new or used
    Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srenron View Post
    Hi, thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that as I was under the impression RMAs were something to do with USA legislation. I'm in the UK so I thought it would just be covered by the consumer rights act and the seller would just offer a refund since they won't have another b-grade unit to exchange it for. The cost of the cards has shot up, so a refund wouldn't cover an alternative. Thanks, I'll email sapphire
    Did this just appear? Sure it wasn't there just now!

Where did you buy the card from? Was it sold as used b grade or new b grade
    Jon

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

I wonder if sapphire sell replacement fans?

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry I think as I'm new my messages need to be moderated before appearing, so there is a delay and they're appearing before your comments in the thread, but after you post. I also thought I'd submitted a comment about where it was from, but it hasn't shown up so I must have done something wrong. The card was from overclockers, it wasn't listed as second hand and I was under the impression it was either a return or an ex demo, but I may be wrong. I plan on contacting overclockers to query the warranty question.

I hadn't thought about replacing the fans. If sapphire do sell them would they just have connectors similar to the motherboard or would they be soldered on? I'm a pretty sufficient diyer in terms of home stuff, but I'm not sure I'd fancy taking a soldering iron to the card.

Thanks again for all the help and sorry about the weird comment order/ timing thing.

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    I wonder if sapphire sell replacement fans?
    Even though it was sold as 'b-grade', the card should still be covered under the Sapphire warranty, and so Sapphire should replace them without charge if they are faulty. Having said that, it's possible that the cost of buying new fans from Sapphire might be less than the cost of the RMA postage, so it might be an option if the fans are available. I did have a quick look on Ebay for replacement fans, but couldn't see any...

Thanks

I know you keep saying that but surely thats only if the card is a "new" b-grade, as you said like open box or whatever, if its second hand then the warranty is not transferable.

Really could do with the OP saying where they got it from, might shed some light on the situatinon'
    Jon

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    I know you keep saying that but surely thats only if the card is a "new" b-grade, as you said like open box or whatever, if its second hand then the warranty is not transferable.

Really could do with the OP saying where they got it from, might shed some light on the situatinon'
    True - the warranty would probably only apply if it were bought from a retail outlet...like this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gra...bg-15j-sp.html
    Last edited by MrJim; 23-05-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Thanks

Yes that is what I would expect
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi both,

I'm really sorry I've tried to reply multiple times from my phone, but they don't seem to be appearing. I really appreciate the help. It was bought from overclockers, it wasn't the special edition card, but otherwise is the same as your post. Assuming they had the same t&cs I guess this means there is a 90 day warranty from when it was bought so I'll contact overclockers / sapphire to check. I'm interested in the idea to replace the fans should this not work, but I assume this would involve soldering? Or are they just connected in the same manner as case fans to a motherboard? Thanks again, sorry about the reply issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information