Well, the VPU recover proggy worked a treat, so it would seem.

Last night, I was having a good old IL2 bash when I get a screen freeze for a good 5-8 seconds, then everything picks up again and I'm still flying.

I'm running the latest Cats and thought it was still part of that as yet un-resolved issue that Pacific Fighters has with Cat drivers... I'm not certain which set we're sposed to use now, but I still get texture corruption, flickering black screens and the like while flying the latest version of the game.

But, tbh I've come to expect that from the game now, so it's just one of those things you put up with.

Now, when I dropped back out of the game, I was suprised to see a message from the ATI console telling me that it had recovered from a GPU crash!

"Hmmm,", thinks me, "THAT was what that huuuge pause was!". But far from drop me out the game, it just sorted itself out and then carried on. Top sante!

Now, I had the option to send a log of the crash to ATI, so I went for it only to get the thing bounced back to me this morning as undeliverable.

I've opened up the log file and it's all just gobbledey-gook to me, lots of sqaures and weird symbols and stuff, but no doubt would mean a lot to an ATI tech guru type person..

So, does anyone know where I should send this file? I'd quite like to get it to ATI so that they might be able to get my favourite sim running nicely, or at least get 1C to code properly for their drivers!

/wanders off muttering about UbiSoft saying to roll back Cat drivers to five versions ago just to play a game using a 4 year old engine that has a few graphical tweaks thrown in and still not being able to get it right... but yes, the water does look nice, shame I'm at 20,000 feet.... on fire.... again... biatch!

Seriously tho, any ideas where to send this thing?