Thread: W7 unable to confirm Driver Signing for video card

Registered+
    Thanks

W7 unable to confirm Driver Signing for video card

I don't believe this is exclusive a nVidia card issue, it just happens to to apply here.

Running W7 Pro x64, I do have those two SHA-2' KB patches installed, but when I try to install nVidia drivers using DM (no need for that bloated Ctl Panel and all the fluff), the installation goes fine, but on re-boot, DM has a yellow flag with a Driver signing error.

I did some research with 3 methods to disable driver signing, but 2 of the three didn't work (Command Prompt & Group Policy). The 3rd has to do with using WinRE which I've never done before (or had to). This involves forcing power off re-boots 3 times.

I also have read that holding F8 during booting does the same thing (I believe).

Anyone have any input of this??
    When not in use, turn off the juice.
    Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Re: W7 unable to confirm Driver Signing for video card

Quote Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
    I don't believe this is exclusive a nVidia card issue, it just happens to to apply here.

Running W7 Pro x64, I do have those two SHA-2' KB patches installed, but when I try to install nVidia drivers using DM (no need for that bloated Ctl Panel and all the fluff), the installation goes fine, but on re-boot, DM has a yellow flag with a Driver signing error.

I did some research with 3 methods to disable driver signing, but 2 of the three didn't work (Command Prompt & Group Policy). The 3rd has to do with using WinRE which I've never done before (or had to). This involves forcing power off re-boots 3 times.

I also have read that holding F8 during booting does the same thing (I believe).

Anyone have any input of this??
    which graphics card? is your windows patched with the later bundle kbs? Some of those messed with file signing defaults in win7.

I always just used the default driver and did a custom install to be very selective about what it put on. Worked fine.

Thread Information