Thread: Which of these TFT monitors should I buy?

Thanks

Which of these TFT monitors should I buy?

Thanks
    You have three screens there with a massively varying price range!

What is your budget?
    Prefered TFT size? 17", 18" or 19" etc?

Hitachi's are highly recommended, as are samsungs and iiyama's.

The Hansol's are budget screens I think?

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

Screen size: 18" or higher
    Budget: £500

Yeah I liked the look of the iiyama just worried about the 35ms responce time for games/movies etc

Thanks
    you should look for a response time of at least less than 20ms.
    R-points pyramid scheme is NOT allowed on HEXUS. Please do not add it back again - thank you.

Banned
    Thanks
    You'll save a lot by going for a 17" screen. Brand does matter but find out as much info about them as you can. Obviously response time is THE most important thing if you want to watch movies and play games, 20ms is a MINIMUM while anything below is actually the same just worked out differently. Pay attention to contrast, brightness, warranty (length and attitude towards dead pixels), colour depth (16bit bad, 24bit great) and rem the native res is very important as this is really what you'll have to use for Windows and all of your games (rem you'll need a very good gfx card). Have you thought about 2 cheaper screens as opposed to 1 expensive slightly larger screen? 2x17" should fall just within your budget although a dual DVI card will be problematic, any room for a 17" TFT and a 19" CRT?

Thanks
    i have a samsung 15" and i think it's great, mine is rated at 23ms and is spot on no ghosting, works nice and looks cool

i would reccomend the samsung 19"
    Who's your daddy?

Thanks
    Some of the 18" iiyama TFTs are not that good. The good iiyama TFTs are the 4332, 17" and the 4821 - 19" - costs respectively are about £450 and £650

Primarily, their response times are 25ms, brightness 240 nits, contrast, 500:1 (4332) and 600:1 (4821), both 1280 x 1024 native resolution, both pivot and come with the software, and have USB hubs built in.

Given that they aren't CRTs they are both excellent for watching movies and, this is subjective, fine for gaming. I play MotoGP2, CM3, Grand Prix 4 etc. and have no issues with them.

In practical terms once you get to 25ms response time, anything below that doesn't jump out at you as being obviously better so I wouldn't sweat it.

Both the models mentioned have won awards, particularly for image quality - something that doesn't get mentioned too much when talking specifications.

Thanks
    hi

two of your links say Sorry, this product is currently unavailable / discontinued.

and only one works Samsung SM191N 19.1 TFT in Black & Silver with 3year Onsite Warranty

so i guess you will have to buy the samsung

Thread Information