• DFI "Blood Iron" P35-T2RL
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium E2140 @ 400x8 (3.2GHz), 1.375v
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 CL4 @ 500MHz (DDR 1000), 4-4-4-12-T2, 2.3v
      • Storage:
      • 2x Seagate ST3250410AS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA 8800GTS (G92) 512 @ 783MHz core, 1836MHz shader, 1053Mhz memory, stock cooling 70% fan speed
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic SS-500GB
      • Case:
      • Antec P182, with some small modifications
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS VW222U
      • Internet:
      • Time Warner "Road Runner" Cable - 16 megabit downstream, 1 megabit upstream
    My 31 kilo CRT suits me just fine, and my desk is made of partiicle board. It sags about an inch in the middle, but it works.

LCDs are also a rapidly evolving technology, they will be alot better and less expensive soon. My CRT was quite good 4 years ago, and it's quite good now.

Thanks
    Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you - but we have been 'conferencing' in the Bavarian mountains

You will be able to decide for yourselves very soon what the fuss is all about with CrossFire because HEXUS Labs have been taking production silicon apart for the past 2 weeks

As far as resolutions go - it needs to be pointed out that :-
    • CrossFire is a platform - not a 'single release' product
    • The X850 XT CrossFire platform is pitted against 6800 Ultra SLi
    • We will soon release a solution that will go against 7800GTX SLi
    • The last major research I saw showed that the most popular resolutions for most users were 1024x768 or 1280x1024 (i.e. regular sized TFTs)
    • Somewhere over 99% of users will play at 1600x1200 or less
    • The X850 and X800 CrossFire platforms are aimed squarely at the mass market

Somewhere around Tuesday next week, the world's leading web sites (no need to retune - you are on one already !) may well be able to confirm that they have recently seen some very big screens driven by our latest technology !

As far as time to market goes - I am pretty sure that I saw the first SLi boxes in the press around 9 months before I could buy a complete kit on a UK web site... which would make us something like 50% more efficient in terms of delivery - with a more rounded and flexible product (simply put - more features in half the time)

As far as performance goes - it seems our green friends have used a little 'time tunnel' practice to see if they can make a claim look inaccurate.

Imagine an advert that said "Matrox Millennium: Fastest Graphics in the world !"

If I told you that it was a lie because the 7800GTX was quicker...

...would that be (a) reasonable or (b) a case of Doh !

The statement 'X850XT CrossFire gives the best gaming performance in the world' was 100% true when we printed it and we stand by it

As far as CrossFire AA settings and IQ go - this will be very interesting

We picked the figure of 14x AA because it was an accurate description of the output quality when using 6x on both cards and then 2x over the top

I am certain that some of my marketing buddies in other companies would have put 'real world IQ' to one side and engaged you with 6 x 2 x 2 = 24x AA !!! as a marketing message - we decided acccuracy/honest was more important

I am still confused by nVidia's push on HDR given their huge limitations... but I won't get drawn into that one until the start of next month

As far as 'supporting all games' goes - it is nice to hear that nVidia are investing a little time/effort/money to ensure that when loyal customers go out and spend $600 etc on a second card that they can actually count on gettig at least an extra frame or two a second improvement

What would also be nice would be a commitment that loyal customers who purchased a 6800 Ultra SLI enabled system with a single card a few days before 7800 was announced... would still be able to buy the second new card within the next couple of years. Not to worry, I am sure that they will not leave customers stranded

'ATI does not use game profiles'
    ...oh dear...
    I think that have made something up and then challenged it !
    By default, CrossFire benefits the user in all cases - but you can also add profiles to specific games to make things even better
    Would it be funny if we all made up statements and then used them to accuse the competition of X, Y & Z

There is more - but I have spent enough time this morning on this and I am off to the swimming pool with my kids

p.s. it goes without saying that I have typed my responses on the basis that this nVidia document is genuine and has been deliberately made available to press/public/customers etc.
    If a 'false' document - covered with official nVidia logos and loaded with inaccuracies - were made available on a site by someone other than nVidia, then I would expect them to ask the site to remove it because they would be breaching all sorts of copyrights.
    To be clear: If it stays 'live' on that site - then it must be official and I guess nVidia stand by all of the statements made 100%
    Last edited by exAndrzej; 18-09-2005 at 09:14 AM.
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    I think lack of support for high res is a big blunder by ATI. While most people don't use high res, the sort of people who buy two GFX cards are also the sort of people who buy silly big screens and run very high resolutions. Also currently there's the issue that most cards can't run games at reasonable framerates with lots of features on at high res that's less the issue when you have 2 cards. To use that as a basis for not supporting above 1600x1200 seems short-sighted.

ASIC Design Manager
    ATI Technologies
    Thanks
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Yohji
    Owned

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkieBen
    if those people will 19"+ crts can afford 2 graphics cards then they can afford a nice tft.
    Another person here who does not want a "nice tft". My iiyama 454Pro is still better than any TFT screen I have seen yet, and I have a hella lot of them.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Thanks
    I love it when big guns start having a go at each other! Saucer of Milk?... Table for Two?....

Corsair Air 540, Asus Prime X570-Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R9 3900X, Corsair HX 750, EVGA 1080 Ti, 2x Corsair 2TB MP600, 2x 2TB WD20EZRX, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Corsair 550D, Asus X470-Prime Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R7 2700, Corsair RM750i, Asus GTX780 Poseidon, 2x Sammy 500GB 970 EVO, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Synology DS918+ w/ 2xWDC Green 3TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 6TB, N2200 w/ 2xSammy 1.5TB
    backup:
    Corsair 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, Win 10 Pro, i5 4690, Corsair HX750i, Sapphire Fury X, 256GB Sammy SM951 M.2 (System), WD SE16 640GB, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100i

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaX
    NVIDIA have released a presentation to web sites revealing 'the truth' about ATI's CrossFire solution.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N...CrossfireTruth
    Never seen any Fanboy go to such lengths (well maybe THG.lol).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information