Thread: Clocking 9500Pro and FX5600

Thanks

Clocking 9500Pro and FX5600

Built 2 systems for friends of mine and what to know how these cards overclock and what sort of increase in 3dmark people are getting.

I've got a Gainward FX5600 256MB card to OC and a Connect3D Radeon9500Pro both using the latest drivers.

Currently I'm using Coolbits+ to OC the FX card but don't know what to use to OC the Radeon card.

Thanks
    these drivers for the 9x00:
    www.omegadrive.com
    these are tweaked versions of the cat3.8 and perform tiny bit slower but look nicer. included is radclocker, easy to use clocking app which works from display propertys or specail shortcuts you can make for each game etc...
    imnot sure if 9500pros every got locked ut if its not unlocked you *might* have to flash bios fo it..., rage3d forums is a very good place to get help on gfx card clocking

Thanks
    You will probably have to flash the bios on the 9500P to unlock it.
    I'd tell you what files you needed if I could find them...

Banned
    Thanks
    No need to flash anymore. Both the CAT3.7 and 8 (inc Omega enahnced) can be changed to allow the o/c'ed settings to stay with a simple patch. Do a quick search, CAT3.7 based is a simple file, edit it for CAT3.8 support.

Rad9500PRO are awesome, faster at stock than Rad9600PRO & FX5600ultra V2 and should o/c a good 20% .... expect to get from 275/270 (270=540 due to DDR) to around 370/310! FX5600 won;t get near the 9500PRO but gains should still be good, esp if it has decent RAM on it.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.p...5&pagenumber=2

To quote the awesome malfunction:

"There's a patch you can run with RivaTuner that hacks the driver so that it doesn't reset your card back to default speeds. Tested and working with my (sapphire) 9600 np and 3.7 CATs"

http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb...ion=file&id=680
    Last edited by Austin; 15-10-2003 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks
    do ya have to use rivatuner for that? its one of the apps i dislike... luckly i dont need to use it, but woudl that work with radlinker?

Banned
    Thanks
    It's a script that AFAIK only RivaTuner can run. You can install RivaTuner, patch the files in a seperate folder and then keep those files once patched ... no need to keep RivaTuner installed. In fact you could get anyone using RivaTuner to apply the patch to the particular file (it's one of them included in the driver directory), then copy the new patched file to your PC, then install from the patched folder files (or replace the partic file in Windows\System).

Once you have the driver patched you can use anything to o/c, it simply prevents the drivers from resetting the clock or crashing the PC when you try to o/c.

Thread Information