Thread: Which Samsung

Registered+
    Thanks

Which Samsung

Apart from the price and response time,is there a great deal of diference between the samsung Syncmaster 930BF and the Samsung Syncmaster 913N

Im in the market for a new 19inc tft

Will be using for games, dvds and uni work

My price range is a max of £250, so if any one else has other sugestions im all ears

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    As far as I know the Samsung 930BF has a DVI port while the 913N doesn't.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Registered+
    Thanks
    does dvi make a massive difference in games and stuff

Thanks
    930BF is apparently very impressive (awaiting mine to be delivered ) though I do remember reading somewhere that the VGA connection on sammys models are very good unlike some VGA only monitors that produce a poor result.

DVI is a pure digital format so the quality is better especially with text (however the difference between this and sammys current VGA wont be huge but noticable) also DVI auto configures the monitor screen to the right size e.t.c so no playing about. Personally I wouldnt go back to VGA.

Thanks
    I've got the 913N and using it as i type.

Its simply awsome!

Its my 1st TFT since moving on from CRT but i did alot of research, testing out all the new TFTs we got in stock at work, and this proved to be the best by far.

I'm a heavy gamer and i've yet to see any glitches using the latest games of today, i also watch DVDs etc too, the text is crisp as well.

The only gripe i DO have with it, is it doesnt come in Black, lol, but i'll soon be changing that with a quick repaint

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hullz-Modz, I'm thinking of getting that screen, whats the text quality like?
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thread Information