• Windows 7 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ FP241PW
      • Internet:
      • 12 Mb/s

VGA cooling...

Unconventional, but I wonder how this would fair on a gfx:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.p...30572dc8bbfad9

Seems cool, and isnt too bad in terms of price i geuss, but would it be any good? I was using an Akasa-like HDD cooler (seen at ocs) for my kyro when the fan died on me - it wasnt even touching the card and it worked happily... possible even better than it did before!

But wondering if its worth it since I heard TT were doing there massive alu gfx coolers for £17 at one point...

I was also wondering how much of a difference these make:

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=51795

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=51796

The alu one is cheaper than ebuyer by a lil bit, but the copper ones are almost three times as cheap. They come with sticky tape on them, but how much of a difference would using epoxy make?

Banned
    Thanks
    Modding gfx cards tends not to be worth the time and cost ... so do it for the love! Obviously you kiss goodbye to your warranty but really you do that when you o/c anyway. However if you just (sensibly) o/c at least you stand some chance of getting something back if the card happens to fail from a manu defect unrelated to o/c'ing ... you try sending a modded card back and they won't even look at it.

Sorry, the 1st link HD cooler seems way OTT for HD cooling, heck I really can't see how a 10000rpm Raptor would need that let alone a std 7200rpm! Whether or not it's up to cooling a gfx card is another question though and is certainly dependent on the gfx card in question. Rad9200 and Rad9600PRO are two ends of the perf spectrum which give off comparitively little heat, good places to start.

The RAM HS tend to make little diff, unless you overvolt your RAM you shouldn't get near needing them even when you o/c them to their limit. I don't know how much diff epoxy would make, for RAM HS (where HS tend not to be needed anyway) I doubt you'd notice any diff. I certainly don't think you'd need copper ones and alu may even be better for RAM HS (or at least as good) as although their heat absorbtion is lower the disipate heat more quickly. As I said earlier do it for the love (or the fun/experience) rather than the gains ... and rem you could kill your components!

Thread Information