Thread: XFX 7600GS, Correct Clock and Memory Speeds ?

Thanks

Question XFX 7600GS, Correct Clock and Memory Speeds ?

I've just purchased an XFX 7600GS from scan and am somewhat confused.
    On scans webste it is clearly marked as having a 500Mhz Core Speed and a memory speed of 900Mhz. Now i understand that memory speeds are doubled. which would make the actual memory speed 450Mhz. However, upon plugging the card in my computer, it reads at 400Mhz for the core frequency and a lowly 350mhz for the memory.
    Am I missing something?

I checked the clock speed with both riva tuner and coolbits, both say the same.
    Picture from Nvidia Coolbits So, i checked the XFX website to find that they dont have a 7600GS listed with a clock speed of 350Mhz.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this
    Cheers
    Matt

Thanks
    This is strange, though I remember my card saying incorrect clocks before I had actually turned overclocking on. You might want to check that Scan have sent you the correct one though.

Thanks
    it's possible that it has different clocks for 2D & 3D.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    Likely to be looking at 2d clocks for the core but the memory should be the same in 2d and 3d 90% of the time but sometimes it can be different

Thanks
    Although im now thinking that it could be a problem with the card, 'cause i cant run and 3dmarks benchmarks without it freezing and having to restart.
    I dont want to overclock incase i need to return it too scan and i assumw it will void the warrenty.
    I have asked scan and checked there website, there are two very similar xfx 7600Gs's. The only difference is clock speeds and one doesnt supportt SLI (which isnt true, because all 7600Gs's support SLI).
    Anyway thanks for the replies
    PS This is the Card i have bought,
    Cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by Mattstarky; 02-08-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattstarky
    Although im now thinking that it could be a problem with the card, 'cause i cant run and 3dmarks benchmarks without it freezing and having to restart.
    I dont want to overclock incase i need to return it too scan and i assumw it will void the warrenty.
    I have asked scan and checked there website, there are two very similar xfx 7600Gs's. The only difference is clock speeds and one doesnt supportt SLI (which isnt true, because all 7600Gs's support SLI).
    Anyway thanks for the replies
    PS This is the Card i have bought,
    Cheers
    Matt
    Sounds very much like graphics card throttling, this occurs when it is getting too hot. Have you seen the temps on the card? My brother has a 7600GT XXX edition and it idles at around 50oC but it has a good fan (albeit loud...) and doesn't go over 60oCish. I don't know when throttling occurs but its a bit higher than 60 me thinks .
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    Well my 7600Gs doesnt have a fan, its passively cooled. It idles at 41C and i have been playing Star Trek:elite force 2 this morning for about 2 hours, and it reached a mazimum of 60C
    I didnt think that was too bad.
    ST:EF2 however did show signs of some corruption, so i think im going to return the card just incase.
    Cheers
    Matt

Thanks
    i bought exactly the same card on todayonly and it runs at exactly the same speeds as yours :s
    not sure if i will send back yet tho, did you ask them anything about it?

Thanks
    Yeah, there responce was,

"I was about to pull one from stock to find out whether we had mis-spec'd the listing on the website, however, we currently do not have any in stock.

Unfortunately the only option is a full refund."

Then within a minute of that email, they sent me an RMA number and the vard was picked up the next day. So i cant fault scan for there service.

Bought a 7600GT instead now. Although i am quite intruiged as to what caused the problems in the first place.

Anyway

Never Mind, eh

Thanks
    how much for your GT?
    think im gonna send mine back and get a new, different card, but with max of £85
    any ideas?
    (silent preferably)

Thread Information