Thread: Spare radeon cooler?

Triple Ox
    Thanks

Spare radeon cooler?

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone happen to have a spare radeon cooler, ideally for a 9700 pro but anyone that fits would be nice!

Cheers, Ethos

Banned
    Thanks
    If you need one it does give you a nice excuse to plump for one of those Zalman passive solutions. If all else fails you should find you can do a home made job for it.

Thanks
    just made one out of an akasa ak-330 1u copper heatsink,reasonably easy to do as well and cools loads better than the original,i would say you can have the old one but i'd better keep it for when it comes to selling the card

2 holes in the base,a few fins removed and 1 corner removed to avoid a cap and its done,you could use push pins to fit but i used a waterblock fitting kit to make sure it stays put

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies! I've got a zalman heatpipe for it, but it seems to increase the overall case temp and obviously isn't great for clocking the card (might sell this soon if anyones interested, still got the box). Not sure about making one myself, dont really have the skills or equipment!!

Was possibly thinking about one of these:

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

Gotta sell my zalman first though, my cash situation this year is non-existent (damn student!).

Cheers, Ethos

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    the extra heat in your case is cos the zalman is dissapating the heat better from your gpu which is a good thing isnt it ? sit a fan on the zalman(i was advised to do this so thanks to whoever it was for this advice ) and its one hell of a big cooler luckily tho i have 2 outtake fans above my zalman which helps keep the system temps down
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Yea, im well aware of the reason for more heat! I'm just not too keen on it, running this cpu @ 3.7ghz doesn't really need a gfx card chuckin loadsa heat up at it

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    as i said im lucky i have 2 fans above the zalman that take the heat straight out of my case so it doesnt make much difference on my case temps
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thanks
    zalmans are good for clocking gfx card but they dont remove the heat to well, i prefer vantec coolers for gfx card

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    I wouldn't say the zalmans are good for clocking gfx without a fan blowing on to them (ive got the first model) and decent case cooling. I'm tempted to get this:

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/

Or possibly the vantec cooler, but the fan rpm is like 6000.... don't really like the sound of that (har har).

Banned
    Thanks
    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/products/vga_silencer/ looks very cool (LOL) ... if you don't mind voiding your warranty of course. I don't understand why so many companies/manus are so obsessed with dinky fans. Anyway if anyone uses one of these, esp on a 9700PRO please let us know how you get on.

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Just ordered one Austin Should get it on monday / tuesday. I'll keep you updated! My Zalman is now up for sale (extra pimpage) ..... just thought i'd mention it!

Thread Information