Thread: Enable Vsync by default, nvidia 7950 GT for Windows 2D games (Non OpenGL/D3D)...

Thanks

Enable Vsync by default, nvidia 7950 GT for Windows 2D games (Non OpenGL/D3D)...

Hello,
    I’m using WinnXP PRO SP-2, an nvidia GeForce7950 GT 512MB, 93.71 nvidia drivers and an EIZO S1931 19” TFT/LCD monitor @60HZ Digital display.
    What I need to do is to always have Vsync on and Triple Buffering enabled by default, for all 2D non OpenGL applications and games. For example, 2D Windows based vertical scrolling shooters, like Kamui, Raiden.

I need this in order to eliminate the bothersome tearing effects seen in 2D games, when the screen in scrolling vertically or horizontally.

After searching through the Classic NVIDIA Control Panel, in the Performance & Quality Settings menu, I noticed that you can create a new profile and have Vsync and triple buffering always on by default, but these settings only take effect when an OpenGL application is being used.

So, is there any way to always have vsync and triple buffering on by default for all 2D WinXP games? (Non OpenGL/D3D applications)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by retroborg; 13-04-2007 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks
    ARGH! I knew small proggy that can do such things but I forgot it's name. I'll comeback if I successfully retrieved my lost memory

Thanks
    Have you tried "force triple buffering in DirectDraw" in D3D Overrider section of Rivatuner?

Thread Information