Thread: What do you think?

Thanks

What do you think?

What do you think of this sytem, i have to know if all of the parts can function together without problems:

-OCZ SLI-Ready Edition Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)
    -EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB KO superclocked or XFX 7950GT XXX 512MB( Haven't decided yet, please tell me which one is better)
    - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz
    -EVGA nForce 680i SLI A1 NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard
    - Seagate / Barracuda 7200.10 / 250GB / 7200 / 16MB / ATA-100

If you have anything to say please say it

Thanks
    the XFX XXX version's clocks are higher, but it depends on your budget. In game all you'll get is a few FPS more

What is your budget? that would make it a lot easier. Also, what do you plan on doing with the comp. Gaming? Video editing? What OS do you plan to use? If you want to game, use Windows XP.

Motherboard looks good (same ones i got) but you may want more capacity on the HDD depending on what you're gonna be doing... Are you sure its ATA-100 and not SATA?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCry42 View Post
    the XFX XXX version's clocks are higher, but it depends on your budget. In game all you'll get is a few FPS more

What is your budget? that would make it a lot easier. Also, what do you plan on doing with the comp. Gaming? Video editing? What OS do you plan to use? If you want to game, use Windows XP.

Motherboard looks good (same ones i got) but you may want more capacity on the HDD depending on what you're gonna be doing... Are you sure its ATA-100 and not SATA?
    I want it for gaming and yes is ATA-100 whats the problem with that i don't know much about this stuff

Thanks
    If you can give an idea of the budget, it would be much easier to help...

The hard drive should be SATA. That's the 'new' standard that most people are using in new PCs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCry42 View Post
    If you can give an idea of the budget, it would be much easier to help...

The hard drive should be SATA. That's the 'new' standard that most people are using in new PCs
    Thanks for the advice i'll look into a SATA HD and i'm willing to spend about 900 to 950 USdollars

Thanks
    do you already have a monitor? what size/resolution?
    You'll also need a powersupply, but the other Hexus members will have to help in that - i got an absolute crap on and I'm myself looking for a good one...
    Also, a CD/DVD drive, a case will be needed....

Thanks
    I bought a Hiper Type R 650+ a little while ago and it seems to be doing a good job, although when I bought it people suggested I opt for the Corsair which, tbh, I wish I'd done as I've found the rail tolerances aren't as good on the Hiper.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    I bought a Hiper Type R 650+ a little while ago and it seems to be doing a good job, although when I bought it people suggested I opt for the Corsair which, tbh, I wish I'd done as I've found the rail tolerances aren't as good on the Hiper.
    Corsair you pay for quality and true power, Hyper are good but overpriced in respects to quality.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    Oh yeah another point,

Don't go for the SLI-ready memory. I got it and, IMO it was a waste of money... When you DO overclock 'properly', it doesn't do anything. You set it to 'Expert' mode and thats it. If its cheaper to get the normal RAM, it would be better to get that and spend the money elsewhere

Thread Information