Thread: Heat Issues AMD 64 3200 Winchester

Registered+
    Thanks

Heat Issues AMD 64 3200 Winchester

Well I'm not sure if this is the right temperatures for my CPU because NVmonitor has shown my CPU temps to always be 60 C or higher. I can't tell which is the right one in SpeedFan but none of the values match either. What could be wrong and what should I attempt to do to fix it? I'm using the stock heatsink too.

I haven't overclocked my computer so I don't know why CPU Z is showing those numbers and if I should go into my bios and fix it please tell me.

Thanks

Re: Heat Issues AMD 64 3200 Winchester

What does CPU temp like inside bios? Usually those values are most accurate. Also does your heatsink making a good contact with your CPU? Maybe you should check these things first for starter.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notsobig View Post
    What does CPU temp like inside bios? Usually those values are most accurate. Also does your heatsink making a good contact with your CPU? Maybe you should check these things first for starter.
    When I installed my heatsink it took a considerable ammount of force to get the latch to go down. I can never seem to find much on the stock heatsinks for AMD but I might not have got it down all the way. It never seemed like it should have been that hard to get it on. The temp in my bios was also high but I can't seem to remember that although I would assume NVMonitor would report the same as my bios temps.

Thanks

I think you should take out heatsink once and have a good look at the mark on the compound at the bottom of heatsink. The mark should more or less look like the shape of heatspreader on the cpu, otherwise heatsink isn't making a good contact with the CPU and isn't working as it should be. In this case you must clean the heatsink and reapply thermal paste and reinstall the cooler again. (btw the fan is working right?) If I remember correctly idle temp of my 3200+ used to hover around 40C....so I think yours should too.

Registered+
    Thanks

These are the new temps that my computer reported. Upon boot my BIOS showed 55 C.

Before my Bios was showing 59-60. I'm not really sure why it is so hot I'm positive when I put the heatsink in this time it was seated right. The shape of the paste is the same as that of the CPU and has no gaps. The fan is spinning right although this time when I booted I noticed the NVMonitor reported a higher fan speed so maybe the lower temps are just because the fan is spinning faster?

Thanks

Could you install EVEREST Home Edition(http://filehippo.com/download_everest_home/)and show me how Computer-Sensor section look like?

Thread Information