• E6600 X2
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7600GT x2 sli

Microsoft office 2003 trial problem

Hi
    Have not posted for a while , now have a new problem, as Mesh support do not seem to respond to questions.
    I recently had my hard drive replaced by Mesh, however the Microsoft office trial 2003 had been placed back on the system and not activated, i have Microsoft office 2007 and put this on my system but upon trying to update various office programmes it seems that Microsoft update says that i do not have a legal copy/wrongly installed microsoft office 2003 ??? The outcome of that is that my 2007 office will not get updates and could leave me open to threats/ viruses etc..
    But i can not remove Office 2003 , i contacted Mesh support and received Microsoft office removal tool and guide, which still left microsoft office 2003 in the programme list and in add/remove .
    The pc is now struggling to do anything, i am at a total loss with Mesh telephone support and feel that this problem has been created by Mesh engineer who replaced the hard drive.

The pc now keeps throwing up windows installer window and all sorts

I would appreciate some help now as this issue is still open and no one from Mesh support seems to want to take ownership of the problem, and i am left feeling why did i purchase this Mesh pc, as the support seems to fail the people it is there to protect.

Many Thanks

Terry Beckey

Thanks

Re: Microsoft office 2003 trial problem

If the system is in such a mess (and it doesn't sound just like an Office problem), why don't you just restore the image the PC came with, or reinstall Windows?

Thanks
    • tbeck40's system
      • CPU:
      • E6600 X2
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7600GT x2 sli

Re: Microsoft office 2003 trial problem

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    If the system is in such a mess (and it doesn't sound just like an Office problem), why don't you just restore the image the PC came with, or reinstall Windows?
    Hi gav
    Thankyou for reply, i have no idea how to do this ,as i do not want to lose all my drivers , motherboard etc. Also when the hard drive was replaced, there was no partition put in, so basically not too sure how to proceed, i do not want to end up with more problems than when this started

Thread Information