Thread: HELP!!!! Error message device\harddisk2\DR4

Thanks

HELP!!!! Error message device\harddisk2\DR4

Please can someone help me

i'm running windows xp pro and getting the following error message

No disk in drive. device\harddisk2\DR4 Please insert a disk into the drive (or something like that) and the choices cancel Try Again Continue and it shows zlclient.exe in the top right of the error window

If I click on cancel several times everythng then seems to work fine but it is getting irritating.

I've searched all over and found several topics with the error message but different applications causing it, but not managed to find a solution. I'm hoping someone on here will be able to provide one for me.

Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?
    Thanks
    It's hard to say what it could be, but it looks like an program installation that wasn't completed correctly.

zlclient.exe is ZoneAlarm Security's executable.

Did you have that installed or did you recently try to install it, or any other program and not complete the installation?

Try starting either in Safe Mode or without ZoneAlarm running and see if the problem recurs.

Thanks
    Had Zone Alarm running since reinstall a few weeks ago, only thing I tried was using office update which failed. So that may have something to do with it. But I've turned off zlclient in config and the prob didn't happen so am hopeful its gone for good.

Thanks for the assist. Oh zone alarm still works fine as well.

Thanks
    • Apex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87M-PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 32 GiB
      • Storage:
      • 20 TiB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 Fighter 10GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Core View 21
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGFA
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb nTL Cable
    Told ya it was zonealarm

I think one of the probs is that card reader thats built into the printer has set itself up as c:\

any chance you could pop into computer management and then diskmanagement and then change the drive letter of the removable drive to summat else ?

my other solution wud be to do a clean install with only one hdd connected and none of the other devices connected but seen has yuo have just installed it i doubt you wana go to that extreme.

btw the office faling to update, get the service pack download and install that way, any hot fixes after that you could try installing one at a time it's what i had to do with office 2000.

Thanks

Re: HELP!!!! Error message device\harddisk2\DR4

Here's the real deal, or at least this is what was going on with me; my card reader had assigned itself as c: . When I had first installed WinXP, I had the card reader plugged in, and WinXP saw that before the Sata drives, so it named it C:. Now, heres the easy way to fix it. This will make it go away, if this is your cause as well:
    1. Start, then Control Panel.
    2. Category View (not Classic view), then Performance and Maintenance
    3. Administrative Tools, then double-click Computer Management
    4. left panel, double-click Disk Management, and maximize the screen.
    5. Select the drive that has named itself C (if not your primary hard drive), and right-click to change the letter to something else. Done!

I'm convinced that despite Microsoft claiming it is Quicktime, this error has nothing to do with any application.

BTW, don't try changing the letter of your primary hard drive. Windows registry won't be able to find your programs if you do. I don't think it will let you anyway.

Thread Information