Thread: Ultimate mouse problem

Thanks

Ultimate mouse problem

Hi, been trolling around the net for years trying to solve this specific "small" problem with my mouse sensitivity, hopefully you lot can help me since im all out of ideas.

I play a game called Wolfenstein Enemy Territory based on the Q3 engine, and my mouse sensitivity ingame and in windows feels very weird.

Its hard to describe the feeling but i will try, the mouse sens feels bad, i cant control it, the sensitivity feels very jittery especially when i move the mouse fast back and forth while aiming... it almost feels like my mobo cant handle small mouse movements/input, it feels fast.. almost accellike and it makes proper aiming impossible, it doesent matter how low i set my sens, the problem is still there, and it kills my gameplay since im a high sens user.

Second weird thing is that its not constant, sometimes it feels less jittery, sometimes lower, and on some odd occations it feels almost playable. I had some theory that i by misstake hit some windows hotkey combination by misstake, but i have no idea.

Ive formated, tried different mice, different mouse/screen hz combinations, different mouse DPI, vsync on/off, accelfix/regfix.exe both on and off, old and new mousedrivers/gfx drivers, i even bought a new computer and the problem is STILL there, so it must be some setting or something i do, i just dont know what.

when i boot into safemode the sensitivity feels solid, perftct, just the way i would like it to be in windows, so it should be some driver causing this, i just dont have a clue which driver it is, or even if thats the problem.

thanks for reading all my nonsense, hopefully someone out there can help me.

Jonas.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ultimate mouse problem

Leaving aside the obvious comment "get an ulitmate mouse trap"...

Firstly - welcome to Hexus

Secondly - Does this problem occur with a standard mouse? The fact that is OK in Safe mode does imply a driver problem of some sort. Is the problem present when you first boot into Windows and only appear after running the game (is it the game that causes it?)

Is there a separate mouse control panel that is designed specifically for that particular rodent?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Its hard to describe the feeling but i will try, the mouse sens feels bad, i cant control it, the sensitivity feels very jittery especially when i move the mouse fast back and forth while aiming... it almost feels like my mobo cant handle small mouse movements/input, it feels fast.. almost accellike and it makes proper aiming impossible, it doesent matter how low i set my sens, the problem is still there, and it kills my gameplay since im a high sens user.
    That sounds just like mouse acceleration.

You can turn it off quite easily with registry settings (they are different for XP and Vista) - a simple Google will throw them up. Ask if you cant find them though

I can not play with mouse acceleration, it drives me mad - even on the dekstop
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Leaving aside the obvious comment "get an ulitmate mouse trap"...

Firstly - welcome to Hexus

Secondly - Does this problem occur with a standard mouse? The fact that is OK in Safe mode does imply a driver problem of some sort. Is the problem present when you first boot into Windows and only appear after running the game (is it the game that causes it?)

Is there a separate mouse control panel that is designed specifically for that particular rodent?
    Well atm im not using razer mouse drivers, (using Diamondback 3g atm) ive tried with both drivers installed and not installed like now...

Well it could be the game, always my sens feels "ok" after a format... but after i play the game it does feel different, but my setup ingame is no different from others, other people have tested my config without problems, i dont know what im doing different, i thought of this, and followed a list made by a mate how he installs the game and so on, still didnt work.

My bad ingame sens stays in windows, its not just ingame, i can really feel how unstable and jumpy it is just by moving the cursor over the desktop.
    Last edited by Jonas; 18-08-2008 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    That sounds just like mouse acceleration.

You can turn it off quite easily with registry settings (they are different for XP and Vista) - a simple Google will throw them up. Ask if you cant find them though

I can not play with mouse acceleration, it drives me mad - even on the dekstop
    Ive tried both the regfix and accelfix.exe, none of them solve my problem im afraid
    Last edited by Jonas; 18-08-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks

anyone?

Thread Information