Thread: windows live mail and messenger error

Thanks

windows live mail and messenger error

I'm running vista ultimate 64bit and decided to reinstall, before i did this my live mail and messenger programs were running fine. after install its not the same story, both apps downloaded and loading fine just now when i go to start them i get this error saying ' windows live communications platform has stopped working', the details say that its an appcrash with wlcomm.exe.

anyone else had this problem and maybe know of a fix, tried uninstalling windows live and starting again but still came up with this error, hoping it wont need another OS install.

Thanks

Re: windows live mail and messenger error

Try reinstalling messenger and live mail. If they're not in add/remove programs they will be in add/remove windows components - you have to follow the onscreen instructions and untick them then finish. Then start it again and tick the boxes you unticked. Just be sure to backup your emails. Let me know if you need any more help

Edit: Alternatively, you could use Mozilla Thunderbird for mail and Pidgin for IM. I think both can import mail/settings from old apps.

Thread Information