Thread: Backing up Sky HD+ recordings

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

Backing up Sky HD+ recordings

i will be soon getting a SKY HD+ box and was told that the 300GB HD has only 160GB partition for recordings which will obviously soon get full. i asked on the help line and was told i could backup to VHS or DVD but i would like to backup to PC HD.
    once my 12months warrenty has run out i will fit a larger HD, but for now was woundering what my options are.
    ive got a Compro DVB-T300 tv/capture card http://www.comprousa.com/en/product/vmt300.html
    could i use that for lossless capture.

Thanks

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Backing up Sky HD+ recordings

Bump

what no replys, anyone got any ideas where i could get any help with this?

Thanks

Try the digital spy forums, they are quite up on this, i would say use a pc with component/hdmi imput, cant garentee that it will decode the signal, due to it being encrypted, but ask there.

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaineoliver View Post
    Try the digital spy forums, they are quite up on this, i would say use a pc with component/hdmi imput, cant garentee that it will decode the signal, due to it being encrypted, but ask there.
    Thanks m8

i was told by a guy on the Sky help line that i could backup my recordings to VHS or DVD Recorder, i was expecting him to say i couldn`t because of encryption

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

cool forum over at Digital Spy Forums, already found an answer to the encryption issue, its Sky box office thats encrypted which isent a problem as i dont have that service

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ako View Post
    cool forum over at Digital Spy Forums, already found an answer to the encryption issue, its Sky box office thats encrypted which isent a problem as i dont have that service
    Mmmm not so cool when you try to register with hotmail, google or other simular email addys, they want £5 fee to prove i`m not a bot lol. i wouldn`t mind the £5 fee if it was across the board but just seems like a money making plan to me, so i`ll have to sort out a sky.com addy to use later

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ako View Post
    Mmmm not so cool when you try to register with hotmail, google or other simular email addys, they want £5 fee to prove i`m not a bot lol. i wouldn`t mind the £5 fee if it was across the board but just seems like a money making plan to me, so i`ll have to sort out a sky.com addy to use later
    I have some sympathy with the over that, especially in relation to free email accounts. Even here, there are quite a few suppliers that I would like to ban from the registration process. Rarely does a day go past when I personally don't have to waste my time deleting spam and banning spammers, and they nearly always use such free services.

I know of several forums that merely put EVERY free email account supplier they can find on a blacklist and ban the lot. Their attitude is that just about everyone has a proper ISP account, so if you want to sign up, you use it. And if you aren't prepared to supply a "proper" address to register, then you aren't welcome there. A £5 charge might be going a bit far, but I can see the point and if the forum is good enough, a one-off £5 is still good value for money.

And in case anyone thinks we're planning on something similar here, the above is a personal opinion not an official HEXUS one and, as far as I know, nothing like this has ever even been suggested or discussed let alone planned.

Ako
    Registered+
    Thanks

as a forum user and not an admin i dont now exactly what goes of with the spam bots, just that they are a pain in the arse, but during registration they ask for one of thouse letter jumbled up things that arent fonts and spam bots cant read them,in fact it was that hard to make out it too me 3 goes to get it right so i just find it a bit odd that they insist on a email addy from isp`s

Thread Information