Thread: Lcd tv fault

Thanks

Angry Lcd tv fault

I HAVE A BUSH IDLCD32TV16HD, THE PICTURE FLICKERS ON AND OFF BUT THE SOUND IS PERFECT, IS THERE A TV ENGINEER OUT THERE WHO KNOWS THIS FAULT ,, I AM A QUALIFIED ELECTRONIC ENGINEER, BUT HAVE NEVER WORKED ON LCD TVS, MEL D MAN

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lcd tv fault

Hi - Welcome to Hexus (but no need to shout! )

Picture flickering (I guess you mean on and off) is likely to be either the backlight or the backlight inverter. Depending on the construction and youyr confidence, you may be able to take the back off and examine the backlight inverter - occasionally a capacitor fails, or if you can identify the origial mfr, you may be able to get a replacement. Other than that, you may be able to contact Bush.

Unless you have access to test equipment (voltmeter, Oscilloscope) diagnosis is uaully by substitution - tricky if that isn't the fault. You may find that an LCD monitor repair service may be able to help (Google is your friend) as the display technologies are similar.

Depending on the age of the TV though, you may find that t is cheaoer to replace than repair - sadly an effect of out "throw-away" society.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Lcd tv fault

Had the same lcd afew years bck which had a faulty screen(cant remember what it was) was quite dear to fix so just bought another and sold the faulty one on ebay,u may find it hard to source new parts now so prob cheaper to buy a replacment lcd new.

U can pick up budget 32" lcds for around 320quid now and even seen a sony bravia 37" for 420quid which i was tempted by.

Thread Information