Thread: Samsung T200 AARrrrggghhhh

Thanks

Angry Samsung T200 AARrrrggghhhh

I bought myself a Samsung T200 Pc monitor today. I'm tearing my hair out.

I have it hooked up via DVI cable. The resolution for this monitor should be 1680 x 1050. But for some reason on ATI's software it will only display 1600 x 1200 as an option. Below that is 1280 x 1024. Same with right clicking on the desktop.

I briefly turned of my monitor and used the VGA plug on my monitor and hooked it to my graphics card Via a VGA to DVI. And the max res I got for that was 1280 x 1024.

I installed a few apps of the T200 disc. One was really helpfull. You doulble click to start the app and it gives you the blue screen of death

Anyone know a solution?

Thanks

Re: Samsung T200 AARrrrggghhhh

Do you have catalyst installed or just basic ati drivers. If you have catalyst, press EDID button and it should recognise it. As another point, have you simply reinstaled ati drivers then restarted? Or looked in vista's resolution settings see if you can set it there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaineoliver View Post
    Do you have catalyst installed or just basic ati drivers. If you have catalyst, press EDID button and it should recognise it. As another point, have you simply reinstaled ati drivers then restarted? Or looked in vista's resolution settings see if you can set it there.
    I have the full Catalyst app and messed around with those settings. I have got nowhere. I used Windows update and it it updated the drivers. For what seems to be a different model - T400 or something. I tried updting gain from Device manager but it seems happy with it. I used the disk again to download more up to date software. My PC has wants me to restart me PC again to finnish installing the software. I'll quickly re-install the original drivers of the disc aswell. Hopefully I won't get Blue Screen Of Death this time. Wish me luck Eh?

Thanks
    • sadbuttrue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55 UD5
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 @ 3.8ghz + Megahalems + GT1450 @ 5v
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill ECO 4GB 1.4v
      • Storage:
      • Intel 320 120gb + Samsung F4 2tb in Scythe Quiet Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 @ 940/1350/1.175v + Shaman @ 20%
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750
      • Case:
      • Raven RV02 with 3xPhobya G-Silent Fans @ 210rpm + Scythe S-Flex 1200 @ 5v
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2233rz, Dell 2209wa, Panasonic AX200 Projector
      • Internet:
      • BeThere 24mb

You mention messing around with EDID settings, but to what extent?

Try this:
    1. Locate monitor properties in the catalyst control center
    2. Uncheck "Use Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)"
    3. Enter something excessive, such as 1920x1200 and 85hz

I've had EDID mess up many times. Overriding the settings as above has always fixed it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue View Post
    You mention messing around with EDID settings, but to what extent?

Try this:
    1. Locate monitor properties in the catalyst control center
    2. Uncheck "Use Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)"
    3. Enter something excessive, such as 1920x1200 and 85hz

I've had EDID mess up many times. Overriding the settings as above has always fixed it.
    All I can mess with in EDID is the colour. That all it seems to have done. It has not in given me any extra options for the screen resolution. I was looking at the HDTV section. That adds more. But so far I cannot find anything that lets me manually change it.

It's annoying. My other monitor, SM932MW - 1440 x 900 works alright. Fallout 3 looks amazng on it. This T200 could be nice as well.

Thanks
    • sadbuttrue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55 UD5
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 @ 3.8ghz + Megahalems + GT1450 @ 5v
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill ECO 4GB 1.4v
      • Storage:
      • Intel 320 120gb + Samsung F4 2tb in Scythe Quiet Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 @ 940/1350/1.175v + Shaman @ 20%
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750
      • Case:
      • Raven RV02 with 3xPhobya G-Silent Fans @ 210rpm + Scythe S-Flex 1200 @ 5v
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2233rz, Dell 2209wa, Panasonic AX200 Projector
      • Internet:
      • BeThere 24mb

I'm not sure where you're looking, but this shows the section to change EDID settings:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue View Post
    I'm not sure where you're looking, but this shows the section to change EDID settings:

Ahhhh. That software for this monitor. Very good. It basically is the OSD in software form. I have it plugged in DVI. It's digital. Instead of the picture you show, I get HDTV instead.

With this software you can switch from Analouge to digital on the fly. So I plugged in my VGA cable to my graphics card so I can switch on the fly. I got your screen in analoug mode Still couldn't get the right res. It looked very blurry.

So, I went back to DVI - didgital mode and forced ho HD settings. This monitor has 2 modes. Auto or wide. Wide stretches the image if it does not fill the screen. If I turn it to Auto, the image looks normal. Very crisp but with a bloody great big border.

So, what res fits my screen with no border in Auto mode?
    1920 x 1080 !!!!!!!!!! WTF.

a bloody 20" monitor. It still looks a bit blurry though. Just not stretched. I don't know what to think really. That's just bloody typical.

I'm off to test Fallout 3. My PC is so not going to push these pixels at this rate.

Thanks

It looks very nice. With a HD 4800 card I can say it looks nice on a SM T200 20"" monitor. Just force all the HDTV modes in the catalyst and whack the res up to 1920 x 1080 with the monitors mode set to Auto instead of wide. I regret is not buying a 1gb model card. . Shame I couln't get this monitor looking good with VGA connection.

My PC simply cannot play Games at this resolution .
    And thinking of it, On my other monitor using VGA at 1440 x 900 it was a lot more crisp. I am this monitor very blurry. I think I'm going to try and get a refund.
    Last edited by CaseyV9; 02-03-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

The native resolution is = 1680x1050 so anthing other than that may appear blurred as you know.

I would completely remove the ATI drivers, use Driver cleaner too to get rid of any driver files. Reboot and then install a freshly downloaded ATI driver.

See what happens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
    The native resolution is = 1680x1050 so anthing other than that may appear blurred as you know.

I would completely remove the ATI drivers, use Driver cleaner too to get rid of any driver files. Reboot and then install a freshly downloaded ATI driver.

See what happens.
    Uninstalled everything. Drivers and all. I re-installed the catalyst Centre and found not that much had changed. I did go back to test it with a VGA cable. And it did let me force it to my native res. I'm sure something must be wrong because it looks crap. I have gone back to using DVI at 1920x1080 as that just seems to give a good picture plus I plan on getting a Blu-ray drive soon.

Will it damage my monitor doing this? I'm just guessing that 1080p or i as it may be just scales up or down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyV9 View Post
    I bought myself a Samsung T200 Pc monitor today. I'm tearing my hair out.

I have it hooked up via DVI cable. The resolution for this monitor should be 1680 x 1050. But for some reason on ATI's software it will only display 1600 x 1200 as an option. Below that is 1280 x 1024. Same with right clicking on the desktop.

I briefly turned of my monitor and used the VGA plug on my monitor and hooked it to my graphics card Via a VGA to DVI. And the max res I got for that was 1280 x 1024.

I installed a few apps of the T200 disc. One was really helpfull. You doulble click to start the app and it gives you the blue screen of death

Anyone know a solution?
    the exactly same thing happened to me yesterday. brand new T200 on HD4850 1MB, connected via DVI-D cable, OS Vista 64bit, latest Vista64 drivers installed both for monitor and HD4850 (latest catalyt and drivers)...tried everything and every possible combination, installation, bla bla, but no way. Catalyst reports that my monitor reported 1280x1024 as the highest possible resolution.

Did you ever manage to get it up on 1650?

Anyone?

Thanks
    • Queelis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 32 GB 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 512 GB, Toshiba E300 3TB, WD Green 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce RTX 2060 Super
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet PurePower 10 600W
      • Case:
      • be quiet! Silent Base 601
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell P2414H
      • Internet:
      • Gbit

What if you uninstalled both the "Video adapter" and "Monitor" drivers? (ATi from Remove programs and then the monitor from Device manager) And let Vista install its own drivers? When I first installed Vista and it booted, it let me choose the widescreen 1680x1050 resolution. Only then I installed monitor drivers (from CD), and then Catalyst. No problems (except with the wretched atikmdag error )

Thread Information