Thread: error message on Avid: Mixing progressive source clips in a an interlaced project

Thanks

error message on Avid: Mixing progressive source clips in a an interlaced project

Hey!

I keep on having this problem: I can't edit cuz the audio works fine but the video simply doesn't, the composer is totally blank. A error msg appears everytime I open Avid Xpress Pro 5.7.2 (with Vista) saying that Mixing progressive source clips in a an interlaced project can lead to problems with scrolling titles, digital cut and video export, which I suppose is associated. What shall I do to solve this problem?

Thanks so much!

Thanks

Re: error message on Avid: Mixing progressive source clips in a an interlaced project

Sounds like you're trying to import progressive footage into an interlaced project. Check your project settings to see. If you need footage to be interlaced after effects can do an ok job of interlacing.

Audio working and no video working also sounds like an unknown codec in AVID. Try converting the footage to uncompressed avi, or if you don't have enough space dv avi.

Tim

Thread Information