Thread: Chaintech 7VJL Manual (Jumper Settings Needed)

Registered+
    Thanks

Chaintech 7VJL Manual (Jumper Settings Needed)

I have been having trouble getting an Athlon 1800 processor to work on an MSI board so my thoughts are to try and get it to work on a Chaintech board. Unfortunately when it powers up I get nothing on the screen so am at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong. Having surfed for a manual all I could find is picture with a list of the various connectors etc listed. Not very good when I need to know exactly how to set the jumpers. I have reset the cmos to no avail. I know the graphics card works as I have been using it to try and get the MSI board working.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

David

Thanks

(Jumper Settings Needed To)

Hey, did you ever solve your problem? I got the same board and the same problem. I did come across a manual that was similar to this board which helped me manage to finally hook the front panel just to find out I need to set the frequency of the processor I put in it. Atleast I believe so because once I try to turn it on my fans start and also light up for a short moment before the pc automatically turns off. I also know it's not my psu because it's brand new and does the same thing on another pretested working one. I just now finally determined what this board even is since it was nowhere to be found on the board. I'm still looking for the manual myself now that I finally know what i'm looking for thanks to google images. Well keep me informed.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Chaintech 7VJL Manual (Jumper Settings Needed)

Blaze

Sorry to report but I finally gave up on the board and put the processor on another board. In fact as I was having a clearout recently I even think I binned the board. Not much point keeping it when I could not get it to do anything. Someone out there must have a manual. I am surprised the manufacturers don't post them online. Best of luck anyway.

Thread Information