Ok guys I need a hand.

I have replaced the jack with the shiny new one.

I tested the jack before installing and it was fine.

I have retested the power supply and it a 100% perfect reading.

I have not tested the battery, I need to find a few paper clips to give my multimeter some dexterity to get to the terminals first !! though I do not see how this would help since it has no charge!

I tested the jack once i had installed it and again got a perfect V reading.

I can not boot. Either with the battery in or removed.

So people what would be the next diagnostic check. I am leaning towards a motherboard failure prior to me opening it up.

Yes there was the wine indecent but If he has broke it with the wine he would have told me.

Any ideas please.