• Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Re: ASUS P7P55D + i5 CPU Red LED and no POST

Woooo, about time you had some luck
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Turns out the problem was the reset switch wire plugging into the motherboard!, with just the power wire for the case button plugged into the motherboard it works fine, and POSTs. As soon as you plug in the reset one it turns off and on etc,

So at the moment i'm just getting ready to install the OS etc!

edit: Windows 7 installed successfully!!!
    Last edited by revolutionx; 28-02-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks

AMAZING - i have never replied to a forum post before but that little trick with the reset jumper totally fixed exactly the same problem on mine. Thank you so much - weekend has just been given back to me!

Thanks
    • keizan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 6GB KIT, CL9
      • Storage:
      • amsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA2 32MB 7200RPM
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward GeForce 9600GT 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 700w SilentPro ATX
      • Case:
      • AntecAntec Three Hundred Midi Tower Black
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" LCD Syncmaster 2443BW

Hi!

Registered only to thank Revolutionx!

I had the exact same problem. My pc was working just fine for months, then one morning it started acting as you described.

After reading numerous posts around the internet, I first bought a new processor, that didnt help, so I bought a new motherboard also, but still no results. I then bought a new powersupply, but that also did not work!

I was really losing my mind with it. I checked everything with the case, that there were no shorts, the screw locations were in the right place etc. I tried booting it up outside the case, but same result, that glowing CPU error led.

Thanks to you, I tried removing the reset switch cable and that did the trick! I would never have tried this otherwise. It makes no sense to me at all, but I guess somehow the reset button got stuck or something.

So once again: Thank you!! Not everyone is nice enough to post also after their problem has been solved. Much appreciated You saved my life!

Thanks
    • keizan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Monitor(s):

Hello!

It seems I spoke to soon..

My computer was working fine yesterday after I removed the Reset SW. I turned it off as normal, but when I woke up this morning and turned it on, it didn't even get as far as it did before. It simply turns on for a split second, then turns itself off again until I try to press the power button once again.

I thought maybe it was a short or something, although its weird to me that it would work one day, then the next not, but the same thing happened with the reset SW, so. I removed the motherboard from the case, and made sure the standoffs were in the correct place altho I did the same thing before due to my previous problem. I put it back in again but same problem.

I disconnected everything except the CPU and memory, but same problem.

I narrowed it down to have something to do with the 12V power going to the motherboard. When I remove the 12v and only have the primary power going to the motherboard it does not shut down right away, but keeps going.

In trying to fix my previous problem I bought a new power supply, so this is a brand new CoolerMaster 700w. However I did also try with my old powersupply as well, a Corsair 400w, but with the same exact results.

I am really at a loss here, so I am really hoping someone here can help me out. I have basicly replaced every part of my computer except the memory and the case. I am now wondering if the case might have been the problem all along and is still the problem, altho I cannot find any visible problem with it, and it has been working for 6 months without issue.

I entered my pc specs into the profile here, so it should be visible when I post this. If clarification is needed, please let me know.

Thank you for reading this and I hope one of you can help me discover a solution to my problem.

Thanks
    • keizan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Monitor(s):

Update:

I changed around parts to no avail. I thought at one point I smelled something burnt from around the CPU area, so I also replaced the CPU, and now its working again. The smell is gone also, I have no idea what happened. I cant see any evidence of burning on the processor or motherboard.

So far pc has been running for about an hour with no problems, but I cant say Im feeling confident it will work again tomorrow morning, but we will see I guess.

Just wanted to update this so you guys dont have to reply anymore. I will make a new thread if my problem returns.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information